Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. George Trip Pics

We had a fabulous time in St. George last week. Very therapeutic! It think I can survive the rest of the winter now that I've had a dose of sunshine. Our shopping trips were, as always, very successful. I will have the best dressed kids in Herriman! We also went fishing a few times, dyed Easter eggs, had an Easter egg hunt at the park, ate at some of my favorite dining establishments (Pizza Factory, Frostop, Jack-in-the-Box), and got to see some friends and family we haven't seen in a while. The kids played outside most of the time (when we weren't shopping), and even got to see their first movie in the theater. Alayna even gave Grandpa a hug or two (when he payed her money). So now, because I know you all are dying to see some more pictures of my kids, here are some of the highlights!




There's nothing better this time of year that coloring Easter eggs. Isaac's is, of course, orange, and Alayna chose to make all of hers pink.










Our Easter egg hunt with the Aldred's was a blast! The little kids would pick up one egg or piece of candy, then come show it to us. Isaac, on the other hand, worked like a pro. His basket was so full by the end that he couldn't even lift it! Of course we took most of the candy out when he wasn't looking and divided it between the smaller, less aggressive children. So much fun!


I have to tell you about Isaac's fish story. As you can see, he did catch some small little baby fish and was very excited about it. He could reel them in all by himself and everything. Well, after he'd caught two of these little ones, he got another bite. We told him to go ahead and reel it in by himself since he was doing so well. After a few minutes, he turns and says, "I'm having a really hard time!" We all thought nothing of it until he got the fish to the shore. It was a whale! That thing must have weighed at least 7 pounds and was almost as big as Alayna! When my dad saw it, he hurried to grab the pole from Isaac, but when he did that the line broke and our prized rainbow trout flopped its way back into the water and swam away. I know it sounds far fetched and no, I don't have a picture to prove it, but there were 5 of us there and we all saw it! Isaac was a little disappointed but got right back to catching baby fish, which he was just as happy about as any big one. The rest of us are still depressed!

4 comments:

Derek and Jannette said...

I am jealous that you were in St. George enjoying the nice weather. I hope to get down there soon. Your kids are super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Your little princess has some beautiful eyes! Looks like you guys had a good time:) Thanks for letting us borrow your husband for a couple of days!

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

we loved spending time with you! I am so glad we did that and thanks for all the yummy treats that day...Thalia still talks about it! Come back soon we love you guys!

Taylor Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun last week. We need to get together again before we are gone to Idaho. Let's get something planned. So, are your lives now consumed with March Madness like ours?