Guess what time it is? Time for SPRING CLEANING!!!
I love to organize and get rid of all the crap that accumulates over those long winter months. Going through our garage and closets today, I realize we must have a little bit of our ancestors, the squirrel, still in us. I swear, I don't know why I needed to keep 3 weed-whackers, 15 plastic buckets, a dozen half-empty paint cans containing ugly colors I will never use again, and two wedding presents we still haven't pawned off on anyone else these past 8 years, just to make it though the winter. Do we keep these things "in case" we ever decide we want to paint a room "hooker red" or "in case" we ever decide to set out some fruit on a glass platter shaped like fruit? Do we keep our old clothes from high school just in case the crew from "What Not To Wear" shows up and wants to give us thousands of dollars to replace our old clothes? And why, in heavens name, did we keep the litter box from Devil Cat, still full of cat poop, for 6 long months? He's not coming back!!!
Who knows why we store what we do, but one thing I do know is that the big dumpsters are coming on Tuesday and I'm just as excited as a kid on Christmas! Everything goes!!! I love spring cleaning!!!!!
Baby trey
14 years ago
9 comments:
I wandered onto your blog from Diana's...Thanks for the hilarity! I especially liked the post about Isaac licking his chest.
-Amy Gold
Please don't let your father-in-law see the pile for the dumpster!
I like the new look of your blog.I wish we would have cleaned out our garage today. We always wait until the hottest day of the year.
I think you should empty the contents of the litter box into the buckets, mix in the rest of the paint and use your weed wackers to "frappe" the contents and then sell the contents on ebay as "Stuff from the same state as David archuleta" I am sure they will sell like they were bars of gold.
I can honestly say I don't have a single article of clothes from high school in my possession! I am a major DE-JUNKER at heart and do it all year round...I'm really wandering around my house to find something to put in the dumpster...hmmmm....I guess I can come help you find stuff if you want! Happy Cleaning!
Seriously, there are hoards of ways to make money and great artwork with those weed whackers and old paint! I'm sure Isaac can come up with even more ways.
I'm gonna hafta get some stuff thrown out too, like that old folding table from Kashi from several years ago. And I really have to tear down the old swingset/slide before it comes down on its own. Just don't want Jeffrey to know, he's kind of like his grandpa when it comes to throwing things away (you never know what kinds of things you can make with old stuff that should be thrown out!)
LOVE this post! I'm also a HUGE fan of the spring-cleaning dumpster and feel very special that its right in front of out house! Maybe we can finally get rid of the Christmas tree...yeah I'm not kidding.
I admire that you take the time to clean on purpose.
You inspire me to want to do some Spring cleaning of my own... ALMOST
Post a Comment