So, it's no secret that I really enjoy shopping. I don't enjoy spending money, but I love to look around, watch people, pick things up and walk around with them like I'm going to buy them and then put them back. That sort of thing. I like to imagine the kind of things I will buy my house, myself, and my kids when I have the money to do so. And, like most women on a budget, Target is my favorite place to go. I fear, however, that my love for shopping has rubbed off on my daughter and that she is on the edge of shopping addiction! She would rather shop than do just about anything. In fact, when I ask her what she wants to do at the beginning of each day, she always responds "Go shopping!" I had to go to Target today to pick up a baby gift for my sister-in-law, and as usual, Isaac started complaining and begging to stay home. Alayna was desperate to get in the car and go. After listening to them argue for a few minutes, I asked Alayna if it would be alright if we waited for Daddy to come home from work, because then just the girls could go. She began sobbing at the thought of waiting and screamed, "I need to go shopping! I need to buy!" She didn't care what we were buying or who it was for, she just knew she needed to spend some money and spend it NOW! She'll probably ask for her own credit card before she wants a library card! HELP!
4 comments:
That is hilarious.... Oh to have a girl..... I can dream can't I?
Oh my gosh, that is so funny. I think I see Paige going down that same path. I love to shop too.
That is a funny story.. I love to walk around and dream too. Maybe someday I will have a shopaholic girl too, but for now just boys that want toys.. I am surprised that I have not seen you at Target yet. Seems like we are their almost every-other day for something.
You do the same thing I do. Fill up your cart then put it all back because you realize it's not necessary. Oh what fun! Now you've corrupted your child :) That is too funny!
Post a Comment