Sunday, March 30, 2008

STOP - This is the Food Police!

My little Isaac is way too observant for my own good! As most of you know, we are expecting our 3rd baby in early October (which means we just passed the 1st trimester mark - hooray!). I mentioned to him that I need to eat healthy so the baby will be healthy, and now I have a little food Nazi watching my every move! He was in the living room yesterday, so I made a beeline for some heavenly chocolate that my sister-in-law brought us back from Logan. He heard the rustling of the wrapper and came sprinting into the kitchen yelling "Stop Mom! That isn't healthy for the baby! Don't eat it! The baby won't gain pounds!" I had to convince him that chocolate has calcium, which is good for the baby. He was still suspicious, so I shared some with him to get him to leave me alone. He really is too smart, that boy. He's just started reading and loves doing simple math, and I really am very proud of him. I just wish his intelligence wouldn't interfere with my junk food intake!

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Oh what a good boy to keep his mother in line! I think our kids are going to be calling us out on everything we do for the rest of our lives, so we either have to become perfect or get better at being sneaky.

Anonymous said...

HeHe...what a funny little guy! I wonder how much calcium chocolate really does have? Anyhow, if it is any consolation to you about the weather...it is "forcasted" for rain tomorrow BUT only for one day!

Julie said...

So- congratulations to you!!! What exciting news. I am pretty sure that I am the last to know...
You have the cutest family ever Erika it is nice to know that you and CSO are adding to it!

Derek and Jannette said...

Congrats on baby #3!!! The webite I get my paper from is Cutest blog on the block.. Hope that helps.

Kristin Sokol said...

You know people pay big money to have people check up on them like this. Maybe you could farm him out and make some extra cash. Who knows, maybe you'll make enough to quit the dollar store.

Deirdra said...

What a boy! He can come stay at my house and keep Jake in line. Hee hee, just kidding. :)