Sunday, May 25, 2008

Friends, naps, and pretty dresses

I really enjoy looking at other people's blogs, but I have a hard time getting motivated enough to update mine regularly. So I have a couple new cute pictures to post, and I know they aren't related in any way to each other and there is not common theme here, but oh well. Enjoy! Kids: Kate (Jenni's), Alayna and Isaac (mine), Paige hiding in the back (Sarah's), the two cute red heads Katie and Shannon (Suzie's).

For those of you out there who knew me back at good old Dixie High, you know I have a four very close friends that I did everything with back in the day. Well, three of them were able to come over Saturday night for a little pizza party at our house. This was kind of a going away party for Sarah, who's moving to Boise in a couple weeks, and a welcome back party for Jenni, who just moved back from Boise a couple weeks ago. It was a lot of fun to chat and make plans for future get togethers, and the kids really enjoyed each other's company. Sheryl, we missed you! Sarah, we will miss you! Jenni, it's nice to have you back! Suzie, you need to drop by more often! I love these girls and am looking forward to our 10 year reunion when we can, once again, rome the halls of Dixie High School as the fabulous team of Frostop eating, White Squall watching, AP English essay writing best friends that we are!
So this is Alayna's new favorite place to take nap. She now sleeps in Isaac's closet under the stairs. When she gets tired, she'll head down with her pillow, sippy cup, book, and sometimes blanket and lay on the sleeping bags we set up down there. Isaac has yet to sleep downstairs, but Alayna loves it. At least for nap time. We are still working on getting them to sleep downstairs during night hours. They have exactly 4 months to figure it out, because then there will be a new baby boy in their old room and, by golly, they are not sleeping with me!
I know this picture is kind of frightening, but I put Alayna in her new cute Pretty Woman type dress for Mother's Day and wanted to get a picture of her in it. Apparently a cute picture is just too much to ask. Once again, the kids are eating string cheese before church, and once again she just has to show it off. This is a painful reminder of the awful Easter pictures I got, which are more about the cheese than the clothes. But if you ignore the silly face and the partially chewed food, you can see what a fabulous dress it is! Isaac is sporting a very handsome grimace and has a strangle hold on his cheese in the background. This is why I haven't paid for professional pictures in well over a year! Note to self: stop giving the children cheese before bringing the camera out!

8 comments:

Misty said...

LOVE IT!!! You're the cutest ever!

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh I love it! Such cute pictures!

Taylor Family said...

Thanks for letting us party at your house at the last minute. The basement looks great! We had a great time, we'll definitely miss being close by. I'll work on getting to the 10 year reunion.

Sheryl said...

Thanks for making me homesick for my girls! I miss you all. It looked like way too much fun. I'm glad everyone was able to get together, even if I wasn't. Your kids are adorable in their little church clothes!

Kristin Sokol said...

How very Alayna to want to sleep by hersef, downstairs, in a closet. She's just so much like her dad...Always wanting to be the center of attention surrounded by people.

Di said...

LOL. Gotta love 'em!

Chrystal said...

I love the closet sleeper! I wanna quiet place like that for my naps! Very darling dress and hey - I almost picked that exact background - - we must really have similar taste! Good taste obviously! Hee hee

Sheryl said...

Thanks for missing me! I doubt I will be able to make it to the reunion b/c we will barely be in Maryland and it will cost so much to move etc. that we will be really cash poor. You know how it goes when you're living on loans. I am really sad about it. I would love to see everyone! I guess we all have to make sacrifices, though. Thanks for your nap tips :)