Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I know what I want...

My dear friend Monique has just informed me that there is a new cake shop that just opened up near South Towne Mall. It is not just any new cake shop, people. It is Nothing Bundt Cakes!!!!! Can you believe it? Nothing Bundt Cakes is here, not 20 minutes from my home! This was my junk food staple back in Vegas. I ate a Nothing Bundt Cake at least once a month. As teachers, we would celebrate each others fantasticness and bring treats into the faculty room, and every last one of us requested a Nothing Bundt Cake when it was our turn to be celebrated. When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with Isaac, it was a sad, sad time for me. I had to watch everyone else eating their cake and I couldn't dig in with them. Of course, being the sugar monster that I am, I cheated an awful lot. I would wait until the faculty room was empty, then I'd sneak in and grab a nice chunk of cake and hide it in my teaching bag! Desperate times call for desperate measures. When I would get caught, the teachers would make me feel so guilty, but it was well worth the emotional torment. These cakes should be illegal, they are so addicting! So , if any of you were wondering what to get me for my birthday on June 30 (hint hint), I've always thought that Nothing Bundt Cakes make fabulous presents. Especially the chocolate chocolate chip flavor - just saying!

www.nothingbundtcakes.com

7 comments:

Chrystal said...

Hmm...we should go so you can introduce me to this atrocious addiction!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I will have to stop by there and check it when I come down to salt lake. I love to have you guys come up anytime you want! I don't have a fancy finished basement but I do have a spare room. I hope to see you guys up here soon! BTW, they are selling last seasons game day t-shirts at the bookstore for 3 bucks!

Destination Davis said...

I'm STARVING NOW!!!!

Di said...

You're so funny! I'm a raging sugarholic as well. I must check this place out.

Derek and Jannette said...

Looks really yummy. I'm going to have to try it out!

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness, that looks heavenly. How many points do you think a slice would be? Thank goodness for flex points.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh girlie I wish I was closer I would drive you and let you go wild for your birthday! Please go and post after, I have never seen or heard of the place before. Yummy!