Sunday, June 8, 2008

Art's Festival Fun

We had another busy, fun filled weekend. Our good friends from Vegas came up with their kids and stayed in our newly finished basement. These are the people we hung out with pretty much everyday for two straight years, and it was so good to see them again! So, here are some fun picures from our day at the Riverton Arts Festival on Saturday with the Sabey's. These next two pictures are for my little bro D who's serving a mission in Ecuador right now. We were at the Art's Festival when Jason spotted this little booth with Ecuadorian stuff for sale. Jason, who also served his mission in Ecuador (the exact mission D is in) was pretty excited about it and wanted to get Alayna an Ecuadorian dress. I decided to buy myself some jewelry instead and just settled for a picture of my kids in the hats and near the clothes. So anyway, the lady running the booth was from a town in Ecuador where one of Jason's comps was from. Turns out they were in the same stake! And she actually served her mission in Jason's same mission at the same time he did, but they they didn't ever meet! Small world!
Could my kids look any less South American?
Alayna and Isaac love digging in the sand at the park. They also loved playing with the Sabey's kids. Alayna called their daughters "my girls" the whole time they were here. It was very cold but we had lots of fun.
OK, here is my favorite picture of them all! Remember how Alayna loves mascots and all overly large creatures in costume? Well, Rover from the South Valley Journal showed up at the Festival and she couldn't get enough of him. I can't count the number of hugs and high fives she gave the poor pup. Of course I had to get the kids picture with him, so I pulled out my camera and the guy from the paper says "OK kids, look at your mom and smile!" Just then this random little girl hustles into the shot like she's part of our family! Who the heck is this? The guy from the paper starts telling her to smile bigger so "her mom" (meaning me) can get a good picture. I was too bewildered to correct him and tell her to get out of my shot, so I just took the picture like we were one big happy family! It was so funny! I have several other pictures just like this if anyone is interested in seeing the new addition to our family!
Friday was Isaac's last T-ball game, which is both sad and fantastic at the same time. I love baseball and have really enjoyed t-ball, but the weather has been so crappy for pretty much all of our games that it has been hard to get the full enjoyment out of them. We had such a cute team (Go Mudcats) and have learned a lot from Coach Charlie. Next year we will be moving on to coach and machine pitch, so there are bigger and better things to come. But I will miss the sweet innocence of watching 11 kids wrestle each other for one little ball. Such fun!

8 comments:

Chrystal said...

Looks like a great weekend! Hooray for sunny weather (Finally!)

Kristin Sokol said...

Go Mud Tats! (Jacob speak for Mud Cats)

Deirdra said...

Fun weekend and dang that cat! That is so sad about the poor little bird. I don't like cats much so I'd definitely be willing to make it "disappear". We've watched Cinderella a lot lately, reminds me of Lucifer :)

Di said...

Cute pics! And regardless of its being sunny or rainy, I love your beautiful new mumu (sp?) dresses. You look adorable and so comfortable at the same time.

Erika W said...

Thanks for all the mumu support Diana. It makes me feel a little less foolish to be wearing a circus tent when I know there are those out there who appreciate it!

Derek and Jannette said...

Erika, I have to tell you that we have owned both and I am a true believer in Hondas, they are great cars. We looked at both as well. I would recommend the Honda. Our other car is a Honda too and we just love them.

Anonymous said...

The bird and the cat story just make me so sad. I am here! Yeah! I will give you guys a call soon.

Destination Davis said...

We were at the festival as well! So fun! You pictures are absolutely adorable!