So yesterday we had our little neighbor, Chase, at our house all day and he slept over last night. His parents are at Youth Conference so we thought we would help them out by taking at least one of their kids. Isaac has been so excited to have his first friend sleep over and I wanted to make it all kinds of fun for them. We went for a long and grueling bike ride last night and then I wanted to take all the kids to get a snow cone over by the Smith's. Jason was watching the NBA draft, so he of course wasn't interested in coming along for the festivities I'd planned. He did, however, want a Raspberry Colada snow cone as badly as I did, so I packed up all three kids and headed down to the Snow Shack, just the four of us.
Anyone from Herriman knows that this particular snow shack takes a very long time to make even one snow cone, so the wait is usually pretty long. The three kids and I stood in line for a good 10 minutes when it was finally our turn. I decided that since we don't do sleep overs ever, I would splurge and get all the kids their very own snow cone. I was disappointed to find out that they were out of Tiger's Blood, but found other flavors that sounded just as delicious. Isaac was getting Bubble Gum, Chase Root Beer, Alayna Watermelon, Jason Orange Cream, and me the Raspberry Colada. Well, while making our third snow cone, the young girl running the booth accidentally put her finger in the ice chopping blade. Not good. While yelling at one of the kids to stop throwing grass at random people, I noticed that our lovely white snow cones were turning a frightening shade of red. Yes, she was bleeding all over our long awaited treats! The poor girl was almost in shock and I really didn't know what to do. Fortunately there was a fast thinking couple in back of us that ran to get their first aid kit. After they got her bandaged up, I was able to get my money back and the distraught children back into the car. Isaac cried for a good 15 minutes over not being able to get his Bubble Gum snow cone and really didn't seem to care that this girl had almost lost a finger. Of course, of all the snow cones she'd made that day, she would have to cut her finger and bleed all over ours. We seem to have that kind of effect on people. The funny thing is everyone in line in back of us was either pregnant or was a husband going out to get a snow cone for a pregnant wife! So sad! So next time you visit the Herriman snow shack, make sure you specify Tiger's Blood.
And if you are wondering about the fate of the poor teenage girl, I think she'll be OK. Once they got all the blood washed off, the cut really didn't look as bad. I'll give you a report on her next time I visit the Snow Shack.
Baby trey
14 years ago
6 comments:
Wow, that is rather frightening! Glad to hear everyone survived the ordeal.
What an adventure for a very first sleep over! You know Issac will never forget it.
Who knew one could become disfigured working at the Snow Shack? What dangers lurk behind the tent of icey goodness?
Ugh...you really have ruined our appetite for snow cones....
It is a very good thing this did not happen while I was waiting to get a snow cone. After I had recovered from fainting spells and stopped jumping around shaking my hands like I was drying my nails while screaming "OOOOH! OOOOOH! OOOOH!..." Then I would have been slapped with a bloody hand when I said "I thought you said you OUT of tiger's blood!!!!" with my best hoity toity, yacht club voice.
You've gotta be kidding me. Did you find a different suitable treat. At least Isaac has a good story to tell!
Post a Comment