Our holiday weekend was so packed with festivities, I had to slideshow them all! I don't think our kids have gotten more than 7 hours of sleep any given night for the past 4 nights, but we sure have had fun. The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays so we like to live it up every year.
We started out with the Riverton Parade on the 3rd. It was so very hot, but my kids each brought home a sack of candy weighing more than Alayna, so totally worth it. Except for the part when Alayna got hit right between the eyes with a flying sucker, it was great.
Next was the 4th of July hoopla. Neighborhood breakfast at 8 am, followed immediately by a trip to Riverton park to ride on the rides and look at the booths. As is the custom every year, the kids pick two rides to go on. They each picked the big slide and the dragon roller coaster - never gets old! After that it was nap time (we were out until way too late the night before) and then off to Grandma's for some cousin time. Then we hit the Riverbend golf course for the fireworks. I had to hop the fence, not pretty in my state. And we all scattered when the sprinklers came on, but still, tons of fun! The kids had a fabulous, sleep deprived time with their cousins.
Saturday Jason took Isaac golfing, so Alayna and I stayed home to clean. Saturday evening we took the kids to West Jordan for their very first rodeo. They loved it and desperately want to ride sheep next year! Again, we didn't get home until about 11:00 pm, and even then both kids wanted a bowl of cereal! We had Jason's sister, Kristin's baby blessing this morning at 9:00 am, so needless to say, the little ones are wiped out! But it was a very fun and memorable weekend. And now, back to normal!
6 comments:
Man, you Wardles are party animals! After the ward breakfast we did absolutely NOTHING until our trip to Murray Park that night to watch the 'works. I think Andy even had two naps.
Cute pictures!
Issac really is starting to look more like Jay these days! Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Too fun!! I wanna join your fam! Cute, cute, and cute!
My absolute favorite thing is Alayna's fabulous shirt! Very stylish!!! I'm so glad to see that you keep her in the latest fashions of the season! ;) A must for any girl.
I would love to have you guys come stay! 'Don't even worry about Jason... I have already started hiding all my candles and the keys to the TSC will be kept in a safe place!!!
It must be a miracle, but I can all the sudden see all the fancy shmancy decorations you have on your blog. I don't know what changed, but it is way cute.
Post a Comment