Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Time

All the preggo cousins: Amber (due in December), Megan (due mid October), Jessica (due October 2), Erika (due September 28), Lindsey my sister-in-law (due August 28)
Alayna made a friend, and no, it wasn't the snow cone. She latched onto my cousin Tessa from Missouri and wouldn't leave her side. Funny, Tessa wasn't even dressed as a giant bee and Alayna still loved her! We're making progress!
Isaac enjoying his blood-free snow cone. Watermelon flavored, I believe!
Alayna playing catch with someone, not sure who. She love throwing water balloons and trying to get people's feet wet!

We had our annual Larsen Family Reunion in St. George over the weekend, and it was a lot of fun! Why the powers that be decided to do it in St. George on the last weekend in June, I don't know, but it was a bit toasty out. We were only there for about a day and a half, so I was able to get through it. The reunion started off Saturday morning with a fabulous breakfast and some water fights at the park. My kids have not had that much fun in a long time! I don't think they've ever been involved in a real water battle before, but they really took a liking to soaking people they barely know.

Saturday evening my mom watched the kids for us so that we could go out to dinner and then up to Tuachan. I bought tickets for Les Mis months ago and we've really been looking forward to going. Turns out it is as fantastic as we were hoping it would be! First we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, which was really good and not too pricy. Then we headed up to the play. The scenery is so beautiful up in Ivins, you really can't help but love it. And the play was awesome! I can't believe how talented some of these local people are! It was super hot sitting there for so long and the play didn't get over until about midnight (it was still 95 degrees when we got back in the car), but well worth it! That was my birthday present this year and was probably the best birthday date I've gone on. So much fun!

Sunday we visited my grandma, took the kids to church with my family, and then had a yummy dinner of Papa Murphy's pizza and Dairy Queen ice cream cake. After eating three pieces of cake (it was for my birthday, after all, so I figured I could eat as much as I wanted) we packed up the car and headed home to Herriman. It was a very short trip but had a lot of great stuff packed into it. My only regret is that we never made it to Frostop for a Glacier. Oh well, there's always next time!

5 comments:

Sterling said...

We got all the way home and I said to myself "In-n-out! we forgot to go eat there!"
Despite have the word "miserable" in the title... I actually really enjoyed Les Miserables. I had to tease Mel and Cody by complaining that I had spittle on my face from the actors because we sat soooo close, whilst they sat waaaaayyyy in the back watching little tiny specks scurrying about the stage like going to a flea circus.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Happy Late Birthday! I am so glad you got to do all of that, it sounds like a blast. You need to come visit me, they have something similar to a glacier out here but it's made with Italian Ice and frozen custard....MMM!

Deirdra said...

Oh how I'd love a glacer, too bad you missed out on that. It looks like you had plenty of fun anyway.

Sheryl said...

Oh that sounds like soooooo much fun!! I also really loved the picture with all the pregnant family members. Cute! This post totally made me miss St. George.

Chrystal said...

I love how Frost Top is such a hot pick down there! Looks like a great time! I loved the preggy line up too -- how fun to all share the experience haa haa!