As you all know, I love summer. I love everything about summer. Well, except for the fact that this summer, at 8 months pregnant, I happen to be sweating like a truckdriver. Other than that, I really just love summer. I especially love hanging with my awesome neighbors until the sun goes down, and sometimes beyond. The kids have such great friends in our neighborhood and there is always someone for them to play with during these fabulous summer evenings. I know that once the weather starts to change, we'll all be hibernating in our own little houses until next summer, so I'm trying to enjoy this time to the fullest. So, here are a couple pictures of all the cute neighbor kids playing together a couple evenings ago.

Cute older neighbor girls teaching the little girls, and Isaac, some sort of hand clapping game.

Isaac is one lucky man to have so many beautiful older women, and a few younger ones, to hang with. Doesn't he look like he's trying to impress?! So cute!! I don't want these fabulous times to end! Stay away, Fall!!!!!! You aren't welcome here!
Oh, and on a totally different note, we asked Isaac tonight what Olympic Sport he thought he could win a gold medal in. His answer:
women's ping pong. Should we be worried? Alayna agreed with him, by the way.
9 comments:
I won't mince words...if he's wanting to participate in women's ping pong, you're pretty much done for. I'd let him go and focus your efforts on Alayna. ;)
LOL! Isaac is hilarious. Knowing the ladies man that he is, I wouldn't worry. He probably just wants an excuse to be continually surrounded by the ladies.
BTW I definately think another dessert night is in order!
I waited all year long for summer. Every day I quivered with anticipation to hear the robins squawking, the crickets chirping. To lie on my back in the cool green grass and watch the clouds lazily drift by. And then it came! summer was here. We slept on the trampoline and dusted off our shorts and sandals, grabbed a beach towel and ran out the door and thbphffffoottttt! There it goes! Summer is wafting out of my grasp like fog through a flour sifter. I can see the day coming very soon. The day I have to eat my words for questioning the sanity of those that live in St. George.
No worries! I almost have the new snow blower up and running! I stand with brazened pride, puffed out chest and holler "Bring it on old man winter! Show me your best! I'm gonna kick the cane out from under you, grab your flowing white beard and give you a noogie... until Jack Frost comes to save you, and then I'll turn and do the same to him!"
Sorry... I went off on a wee bit of a tangent there. I do that sometimes.
Tell Isaac to go for his dreams... no matter what people, or society, or the IOC tell him he can't do.
Gotta agree with Todd...focus on Alayna. Issac was always destined to play ping pong, men or women's, it is a family gene! Alayna on the other hand...your talking the next shawn johnson or nastia. Not that Alayna is good gymnastics material, but they get to wear make up and glitter :)
Poor Isaac. He had so much promise when he was younger. He was guite the baller as a toddler. But then, when he stopped growing at around 2years old, I knew we were in trouble. If only they handed out gold medals for overactive egos. Alayna's stunted growth will be an asset in the gymnastics world, however. She also has very Shawn Johnsonish teeth, which may also be a plus.
I diddo your words about summer. I am not ready for it to be over!! I feel bad for Colton as well all he runs around with is a bunch of girls that live on our street.
I better not let Clarissa see that last picture - she thinks she is the only woman in Isaac's life ;)
You can let Isaac enjoy Forrest Gump and recognize that there is ping-pong for boys (notice I did not say men...I mean look at those shorts!)
I think Alayna would make a dang cute Shawn Johnson II.
Posts like these really rub in the salt to my wound of envy for those who live on La Rieta Drive...such a close knit society...sigh.
Sweating like a truck driver. That's the best descriptive adjective I've heard all day. I love it.
Sounds so relaxing and fun to just hang out with friends in evening. Would you be interested in relocating to Boise by chance? I'm in need of some good summer evening fun.
Post a Comment