So I really had no intentions of writing a blog tonight. I'm just not feelin' it, ya know. I actually would rather be reading a book or watching the news or wrestling a hungry grizzly bear or scraping the soap scum off my shower. Anything, really. Just not blogging. But I made the mistake of logging on and reading a few blogs from friends and family, totally innocent like. I got a chuckle out of my sister-in-law Kristin's blog (if you've never read it, give it a try. Funny stuff). I decided to read it to my psycho husband, and by psycho I mean unrelentingly competetive to the point of driving me up the wall and making me want to jump out the window and run screaming down the street. Don't feel bad for him, he's aware of the effect his competativeness has on me and isn't the least offended by it.
Anyway, he started reading the number of comments she's gotten on her latest blog and was thrown into said psycho competative mode. "You are going to write an extra funny blog tonight, right, and get more comments than Kristin. Right. Right??!!" When I informed him that I had no intention of writing a blog tonight, had nothing at all in my brain that I wanted to write about, and couldn't care less about Kristin's comment board, he went blogging berzerk. It just totally blows his mind that I could sit here at the computer and be completely indifferent to the number of comments my posts get verses other people. So, he thought he'd help me out and began shouting suggestions at me. "Write about ...., or about..." all with this crazed look in his eyes that usually only surfaces at Aggie basketball games or when he's racing Isaac to see who can get ready for church first.
After much resistance, I finally decided to give him his way (which I've learned over the years is the only way to make that crazy eye go away). So here it is, my blog about nothing. Well, it's kind of turned into my blog about my psycho competative husband, whom I love dearly despite his obvious shortcoming. But still, here it is. If you like Jason's competative nature, even as it applies to the world of Competative Blogging, you'll comment like crazy. If you think giving in to his bizzarre thirst for comment gratification is a little sick and will only feed his competition addiction, then read and move on. It's up to you. I've done my job.
PS. Jason wants me to remind you that by reading and not commenting it means you are a blog-stalker.
Baby trey
14 years ago
44 comments:
I'm not sure if the lack of comments is a collective statement in opposition to Jason's desire for comments or just a matter of nobody reading the post yet. Either way, I guess I'll get things going, mostly because I enjoy comments on my blog, too.
So here's a comment. Maybe I'll comment again, too.
I can't say that I am surprised. I have known Jason to make a competition out everything! There are even some competitions that I don't ever want to talk about again! But I must say...Kristin is pretty good about blogging so he needs to bring his "A" game! Tell him that he should seriously think of starting his own blog so that he can discuss, in great detail, all the other competitive issues of the world.
Trust me, Adeli, I've tried to get him to start his own blog so he will leave mine alone, but to no avail. I think he sees himself as some sort of much needed "blog coach" and it's driving me nuts. Anyhow, love the "A" game comment! Speaking of, are you ready for us to come up again in a couple weeks? Aggie Family Day is fast approaching, so get ready! By the way, do you think we should get tickets to the game early or will we be fine to buy them at the gate?
Since I'm all about feeding Jasons ego -- I'm leaving my comment about this blog.
Just as I think there is no food out there (except cereal) that can't be made better by adding some kind of cheese to it -- so also there is nothing that can't be made better by making it into a competition. Blogs included.
I might have to blog about that cheese thing.
Not really a competitive person myself (too many emotional and physical scars from dodgeball and four square) but, I will comment because I think this blog is hillarious! Jason is a good blog coach. The best part is with this team, I am not creeped out by the "Good game!" and the subsequent coach's pat on the butt.
Speaking of competitiveness, For those that have done in the past or would like to compete in college football predictions; this year you can post your predictions prior to each weeks games on my blog. Can you believe that college football is finally back? And USU might actually win a game or two this year. Maybe even this week.
Question, does a comment count if there is really no content?
Because believe me, I can comment.
I can comment like crazy as long as I don't feel pressured to be funny.
Or smart.
There's a few lame comments for you! Best of luck!
i guess i'm an official blog stalker...and ok with it! i do enjoy reading your blog though!
Diana, you have no idea how happy you have made Jason! And thanks for the comment, Annie. We blog-stalk you sometimes, too.
Not that any Wardle has looked to closely at any rule book, but according to the blog rule book..."multiple comments fromt he same source without substance don't count toward number of comments. Infact, I believe it says that a blog is penalized for such comments. Sorry guys. Even though this will say 14 comments, you will be no where near that number in real competitive type comments. Also the rule book states that commenting on your own blog does not count.
But here is a comment for you Jason, But I am the BLOG MASTER! You'll never even come close. YOu may as well just stop paying for internet because it's getting you no where!
By the way, you totally plagerized that title. I did that one weeks ago. See...ahead of you again.
Does having so many comments count when there are multiple comments from the same people? I can hear Jason's answer...You bet it does!
As a blogger who sadly averages 0.25 comments per post (I've done the numbers), I feel your pain.
besides, Jason's ultra competitiveness makes me laugh.
...and laugh.
So, I go to Smith's the other day...
...and see this really delicious looking rotisserie chicken
I was thinking to myself...
man, that looks like some good vittles
then I got distracted by a distant, rather ripe looking pomegranate
and alas, never bought the rotisserie chicken
...but I still think of it, from time to time,
but that provides little consolation
suck! Why didn't I just buy that chicken!
live and learn I guess.
...live and learn.
stupid pomegranate! I will curse you forever!
JUST PICK IT UP! It was RIGHT THERE!
sitting in it's luscious chicken juices...
okay Jason, maybe I'm a little bit competitive as well... ;)
Todd, I can't believe you are giving in to Jason's childish need for multiple comments! You're just feeding the monster. Watch out, because I may just find a way to slip Mountain Dew into Clark's sippy cup as payback!
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
This is my very first blog comment. I'm honored to lose my virgin blogness to the Wardles. Ok that really sounds strange. But that's ok because this is the internet and nobody really knows who I am. Right?
Blog Stalker and Proud of it.
Jason competitive? ya whatever!! He just likes to do EVERYTHING at a high level. Hint: Make up your own rules of the game before he does! Love ya guys!!
Hey Erika can you send this on to Adeli? Adeli I'm just following up on what Erika asked earlier about the uofu vs usu football game. I need tickets, room and board, and lovin. Can you help me out? Thanks Adeli!
Thanks Erika!
CSO! I needed a good laugh tonight- thanks! You are making me miss you guys already.
Make that 43 comments!! HA!!
(Oh Erika, I can't tell you how sorry I am for all you have to endure with Mr. Crazy Eye...but love is blind right?)
THis post is totally out of control! And I am not sure that multiple posts by the same person count! Erika-tell Tunka that I would love to provide him everything that he has asked for, including the lovin'!
Post a Comment