With only about 7 weeks to go before Baby Wardle #3 comes along, I'm getting a bit concerned that we haven't picked out a name yet. Or even come close to picking out a name. Sure, we didn't decide on Alayna until we were in the hospital filling out her birth certificate, but we at least had a few names we were thinking of. I'm also concerned that my children will shoot down any name we do come up with as they are very much dead set on the names they have chosen for our little man. No doubt in my mind, there will be riots in the Wardle household if we don't go with one of the kid's favorite names and choose something a little less embarrassing for the baby. I mean, Isaac freaked totally out when I bought a different baby sling than the one he wanted....cried for hours because the one I chose didn't have any orange in the pattern!!! So, here are the top two names each kid has picked, and you tell me what to do with the screaming masses when we go with something like Tom or Dave.
Isaac's Picks:
Cle (pronounced with a short E sound)
LoLo (This is currently Isaac's favorite name. Apparently there is a female Olympian with this name and she won her race in the trials, so because she won, he wants to name his little brother after her.)
Alayna's Picks:
Slimey Teeth (this has been her #1 name from the start. She's set on it.)
Chubby Cheeks
Now, these names are pretty questionable as is, but pair them with the last name Wardle and we have a real problem on our hands. Help!!!!!
Baby trey
14 years ago
17 comments:
What about Easton like the baseball bat!
I'm going to have to go with Isaac on this one. LoLo Wardle is a memorable name.
Either he will grow up to be a really intimidating mobster because no one will want to mess with the bent nosed LoLo, a great baseball player with the coolest name ever, or the one everyone refers to as "Crazy Eye Lolo? Yes, that's him in the corner with the lazy eye, cleaning his teeth."
Any of the options have lovable appeal, I'd say...
I'm going to vote for LoLo as well, it's got the most well-thought out reasoning behind it than any of the others. What boy wouldn't want to be named after a cool, athletic, talented, winning...girl. Oh, and again, you've got me dying laughing with your quote of the day.
Yes, my kids really do say the darndest things! I have to filter what I use on the blog, because now that they are getting older, much of what they ask or say is a little, um, embarrassing.
Oh, and I can't believe you guys are taking Isaac's side on this! I was hoping for some really solid name suggestions, but apparently you all agree that our son should be named after a muscular female African-American Olympic track star. Last time I ask you people for help! Watch for her in the games, by the way!
Well, you told me you like vowel names with Wardle...so here's a few ideas:
Adam, Andrew, Arthur
Ethan, Enoch, Evan
Ian, Ivan
Oliver, Oscar
Urban,
Sheesh - vowel names are very limited!! GOOD LUCK!
So funny! I always love your posts. Colton picked out Caleb's name other the other names we had picked out Colton said "those are not good ones, Mom. Name picking is hard!!
Mandy and I could never agree on a boy name. I think you should just call him "boy" and when he gets to be umm... eight, let him name himself. Which he will immediately declare "Call me slimy teeth!"
Man, some of the name suggestions here are really good. I think you're problem has been solved.
I also really enjoy your kid's quotes. Hilarious.
*your, not you're. Blasted blogger. Let me edit a comment! (shaking fist at the sky)
You could use the name Clayton and call him Clay. That sounds similar to what Isaac wants right? Plus I think it's pretty cute. I know what you mean about the whole name thing. We are just 6 days away and still don't have any solid names yet either. It's just so hard...
Good Luck
P.S. I also love the boy names:
Nolan
Luke
Dillon
Zander
But my hubby doesn't so I can't use them.
Slimey teeth is a definite. Just go for it. You can go for slime for short. Kids are hilarious! I struggle with boy names, so I am no help. If you have any suggestions send them my why. I'll consider LoLo for one of the boys :)
Okay, I know you have plenty of suggestions but here a couple just for fun...
1. J.J. (short for Jaycee Jr.)
2. Boozer (could lead to dependcy issues)
3.Lebron (sounds sort of French, "le" like "the"Bron)
I like slimy teeth.
I think you should name him Blake or even Bennett after me (kind of) LOL. I love the names kids come up with they are so funny. I'm sure you'll come up with something suitable. You did just fine picking names for the two adorable kids you already have.
I like the name Jantzen. But not as much as I like Cle. Your kids...
Cle is pretty awesome. Once on the way home from Randy's wedding in San Diego, Kristin and I laughed for like three hours about words that start with the "Cl" sound. You know, like clip, and clown, and clomp. Either the ride was too long or that sound is really funny.
When I was born my big sis wanted to name me Doralyn. Or if that didn't work, her other suggestions were Couchalyn, Chairalyn, and Lightalyn. You're welcome to any of those.
I don't know, Slimy Teeth Wardle has a nice ring to it.
I like Adeli's suggestion. J.J. or Jay or Juke! Juke Wardle! Now that's a name that screams 'you can't guard me.'
Post a Comment