Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Date is Set!!!

Well, I had my final doctor's appointment today! He could see how desperately miserable I am and how badly I need this baby out of me, so he agreed to schedule an induction. To those of you who said Saturday October 4th for the arrival of LoLo, looks like you are still in the running! Granted, just because I'm being induced on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean he'll be born on Saturday, but there's a good chance.

It's amazing how much happier I feel just knowing that there is an end to the misery. I would like it to all end tomorrow, but Saturday will do just fine. Hooray for Saturday!!! It's a special day after all, as the Primary song tells us.

So, thinking of not being pregnant in a couple of days, I have compiled a list of a few things I will miss about pregnancy and a few things I will certainly be thrilled to see go.

Pregnancy Pros:
People treat you like you are special. Without this belly I'm a nobody inparticular at the grocery store, but with it, I'm a star!

Eating whatever I like. Honestly, I have taken full advantage of the old "eating for two" cliche and have packed away some pretty high calorie foods these past 9 months. I'll miss you Bundt Cakes, Cafe Rio, Twinkies, Chick-fil-a, Betty Crocker cookie mixes, fettucine alfredo, etc. etc.

My kids have taken such good care of me while pregnant. They seem to understand that Mommy isn't a fully functioning adult at this stage and are ready and willing to serve, love, and compliment me at a moments notice. Isaac keeps telling me how pretty I am and getting me glasses of water. Alayna talks to my belly and does what she calls "taking care of Mommy" which means she rubs my arm or makes me stick my hands up in the air and leave them there for undetermined amounts of time for no particular reason. It's weird but she means well.

The little kicks and wiggles that come from LoLo. Sure, it's getting a bit old at this point, but there really is nothing like knowing there is a little person living and growing inside you. It's very strange, fascinating, exciting, and painful all at the same time!

Not having to clean the litter box of Devil Cat.

I can get mad, sad, thrilled, confused, elated, depressed, angry, excited, and every other emotion known to man all within the span of a few moments and it's OK!

People give me their seats.

I'm allowed to take naps and not feel guilty about it.

Jason has done housework!!!! A lot of it, at that. And he's done it well. And not complained. That is something I'll miss the most about being pregnant!

Pregnancy Cons:
My belly button and general stomach area look like something out of a horror movie.

I am so blasted hot all the time and sweat like a greased pig.

Rolling over in bed takes like 5 minutes and is accompanied by a lot of grunting.

The only clothes that fit me are Jason's t-shirts (they aren't pretty) and his one pair of silver basketball shorts. This is why I don't do public appearances anymore.

I have this strange and overwhelming desire to buy onesies all the time, even though LoLo doesn't really need onesies. Must buy onesies!

My fingers are just swollen enough that my wedding ring doesn't fit. I'm surprised I haven't been hit on more the past few months. I wonder what's up?

Waddling takes it toll on your self-esteem.

Everything hurts, and I mean everything!

I feel, move, look, and sound like a beached whale.

***Overall, I'm just so anxious to meet this littler person, figure out a name for him, and get my body back to normal! I can't wait for Saturday!!!!!***

10 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

I would bet that you will have the baby before Saturday now that you know that you are going to have him on Saturday! Good luck!!

Taylor Family said...

Oh I'm so glad you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...sad to see the name LoLo go, but glad for you. Good luck with it all.

Di said...

Hurray! I am SO happy for you Erika! I know the last month has been torturous for you and I am so happy that your pregnant miseries are coming to an end! Can't wait to meet lil' Lolo. If you need anything don't hesitate to call!

Leslie said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you. I don't work on Saturday though, so I guess I won't randomly be assigned to be your nurse. I don't work until Tuesday. Maybe you will still be there. I hope not, but it could happen.

Kristin Sokol said...

Some people are okay if they carry an extra 20 or 30 pounds. Apparently you are not one of those people. I have to say...right now you are giving your sweet brothers wife a run for her money when it comes to pregnancy misery.

I don't miss the groaning while turing over in bed.

Chrystal said...

Ahhh...sweet hope! I'm so glad you have hope of a non-pregnant future - - and so soon!! Congratulations - -I'll keep you in my prayers the rest of the week - so whether he is here on Saturday or earlier, all may go well! LOVE YOU!!

By the way - tell Jason I expect him to continue the housework help now that he has proven he is capable - we are to be "equal partners" afterall!! Since he can be 'home from work' at 5 pm ish (or whenever he gets home) does that mean you get to be done too? If not - then neither is he...Good job Jason helping your suffering wife...I'm sure you've realized you guys are in this family thing for good now with 3 kids so teamwork - here we come!

treehugger said...

Congrats, I remember being exactly where you are just a few weeks ago. At least there is an end in sight. Hope all goes well!!!

Jen said...

so many memories.....I miss it...is that weird.....I loved being pregnant. It super fun to feel 2 babies moving around in side me. Then again that is looking about 18 months now. And at this point I am wishing they were back in my belly and not destroying everything in sight.

Terry C. and Annette M. Larsen said...

Yeah!! I have been watching your blog and checking to see if their were any updates - glad the end is almost here! Megan has 12 days left. Good luck!

Sheryl said...

Hey all the cons will be gone and most of the pros will still happen. Moms with newborns also get special care. You won't be able to feel him inside, though--that ones just for the pregnancy.