Meet my sister, Emilie. She's a spunky 15-year-old from St. George who enjoys texting, shopping, dancing on her high school drill team, hanging out with boys, and shooting wild game. Just your typical teenage girl, really, except for her love of Hunter Orange, rifles, and deer meat. Emilie took a hunter's safety course a couple years ago and has gone hunting with my dad ever since. This year, it finally paid off. One shot and this four-point was down! A regular Annie Oakley, she is! Guys, don't let the sweet face and blonde hair fool you - she's dangerous!

Congrats, Em! I must admit, I'm glad I'm not there to have to witness all the carnage and the sweet smell of dead deer, but I'm happy you had fun and can carry on the hunting tradition because I'm pretty sure none of the rest of us are interested. He's a beauty, though!
8 comments:
Way to go Emilie. I would never have picked her as a hunter. She seems way to girlie.
Wow! Erika, how did you let that talent escape you? You could provide for your family all winter long with a kill like that! Way to go Em. You've just intimidated 3/4 of all boys. Keep it up!
Oh, and I tagged you on my blog, so go check it out.
I am impressed. There is one more person I have to cross off the list of people to make fun of at the reunion.
UGH!!
Congrats Em! We are impressed also! I think thats great you go with your dad. I always wanted to go with my dad deer hunting, but I never got to. I think it's good to be versatile in your interests. Your Uncle Terry is proud!
Nice shot! Hope you mounted the head!
Jason
I can't believe she is fifteen--I know she and Jaycee are the same age, but seriously when did they grow up? I haven't seen her in years. I am impressed that she hunts, oh and she's just beautiful! Your dad needs a good hunting buddy. Way to be Emilie.
Post a Comment