I know Thanksgiving is over and I kind of missed the boat on "thankfulness" posts, but I would still like to share a few of the things I'm thankful for this holiday season. In no particular order:
I'm thankful:
For the warm weather in St. George and the chance we had to take some cute family pictures and do a little fishing.
That my husband still has a job. Times are very tough for a whole lot of people and we are so blessed to still be employed with a good company.
For the newest addition to our family - the furious Mr. Eli. He is so much fun, and so much work, and he is such a neat little person already. I'm so excited to watch as he grows and develops his own special personality.
For a healthy family. We are all strong, happy, healthy, and whole. What else matters?
For the gospel. Where would we be without it?
For good friends. I have always had such great examples around me and this is still true today. My friends old and new all mean the world to me and I owe them all so much.
For good food. I'm always hungry and I sure do appreciate a nice pumpkin pie every now and again. I do wish I could eat ice cream and go crazy with chocolate, but I am thankful for the stuff I can eat (such as peanut butter, soy milk, and carrots).
That it hasn't really snowed much yet this year. It's been a really nice fall and I'm hoping for the mild weather to continue through the winter. I don't really care much for snow, after all.
For my sweet kids. Isaac is such a good boy that he actually puts himself in time out at least three times a day for any little thing he does wrong. And Alayna can make me laugh all day long.
For a dishwasher. I've lived in many a place without one and I will never take that fabulous appliance for granted.
That Jason finally agreed to get the internet last year. What a fabulous year it has been being all connected to the world and stuff.
For the Christmas season and the fact that my shopping is almost done!
For a fabulous extended family. My kids have the most wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on both sides of the family and we are lucky to have all the support we do.
That I'm a USU grad. Go Aggies! Beat those Cougars!
For my wonderful life, dirty diapers and all.
7 comments:
CUUUTE pictures! Eli looks so big! all your kids are so cute! I haven't seen Brian forever... how many kids does he have? That is just so wierd to me that little Brian is married with a family. I still think of him as the age he was when we moved away from you guys. Hope all is well!
That is a good list. It is always good to remember how blessed we are. Oh, and I am grateful for you too. :0)
Sadly, I didn't take a picture of my parents Christmas tree, so I don't have any proof. I guess your Mom and Dad will just have to go over there with a camera and get a shot for you.
Love your new pics!
Amen to that sistah!
Those adorable pictures of your family made me want to take a trip to St. George too! I love it there oh so very much.
I was wondering if you are allowed to eat cinnamon rolls? If you are just say the word, because I'm thisclose to making some, but it would be depressing to eat them alone.
Nice post. I miss St. George--good thing I'm going in two weeks (but who's counting?). Your kids are cute as ever. I love the picture of Eli--what a cute kid! Oh--and go Cougars!
So, I totally just found your blog, I hope you don't mind my looking. I miss you, it's been way too long since I've seen you. Your family is beautiful and so dang cute! Love ya!
Post a Comment