Friday, December 5, 2008

Inquiring Minds

Kids are naturally curious creatures. They want to know everything about the world around them and thus ask a lot of questions. My kids seem to be especially interested in "what if" questions. You know, the kind that could drive a parent to drink. I also get asked my fair share of "Do you sometimes wish....." questions. For instance, in recent weeks I've been asked if I sometimes wish we didn't have a new baby, if I sometimes wish the road was carpeted, if I sometimes wish I could be 4, and so on. Well, today I got a particulary bizarre "do you sometimes wish" question. Isaac was asking about the workings of the toilet and where it all goes when you flush. After explaining about the pipes and sewage treatment plants, he inquired,"Mom, do you sometimes wish you were poop with eyes?" Hum, no, I can't say that I've ever really wished I was poop with eyes. How about you all?

13 comments:

Stat Aggie said...

can't say that I've wished that one either. Must be Jasons influence.

Misty said...

Hilarious.... just blame that gene on Jay. We want to get together while jules is here. would the 18th work for you guys?

Dan said...

I've never wanted to be poop with eyes, but I've often considered sending a small wireless camera down the ol' poop chute. Maybe post the output (is that a good word while talking about sewers?) as a blog webcam. It might be interesting.

Dan said...

Oh, and just to allay any misconceptions, by 'poop chute' I mean the toilet, not the other possible meaning.

Misty Moncur said...

I was going to say that sounded a lot like a colonoscopy. It is Mr. Hanky season, after all. If you don't know who Mr. Hanky is, count yourself lucky.

Leslie said...

I was just feeling really depressed because I finally got Randy to agree to hang the Christmas lights on the house after 5 years of trying and apparently every store in the valley is out of light clips. Thanks for the good laugh.

Cameron and Nonie said...

I am laughing so hard right now! That's hilarious. Oh, I love imaginations!

Sterling said...

I think it would be a lot like this:
http://www.maniacworld.com/waterslide-from-work-to-home.html

Anonymous said...

Erika, I have heard Isaac say some funny things but that outdoes them all. What a boy!!! Love the Quote of the day too. His teachers next year are going to have to keep a journal for you on all the funny question he asks.

Di said...

I have wished a lot of things in my life, but that has never been on my list. Intersting thought though. You've got to give that kid credit. He's a thinker.

Sheryl said...

I cracked up when I read this. Nothing like looking at something from all perspectives.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Erika your kids are too much! I love it! I want to get together with them again-that easter egg hunt was so much fun we will have to do something like that more often together. We love you guys and hope you have an awesome Christmas!

Suzie Sew and So said...

Holy crap. I think I just cried that was so funny.