Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is your brain on Christmas...


I would like to extend a formal apology to all my devoted blog readers. I've been kind of a slacker lately when it comes to blogging, but really I'm just so tired! December has been my month for teaching preschool, which is quite tiring in and of itself. Then there's Christmas shopping, making neighbor gifts, cleaning house, and taking care of three small children. On top of all the holiday madness, our camera broke last week so I haven't been able to take any fun Christmasy pictures to post. Our new one should be arriving from Amazon on Monday, so let's hope it does and that I can figure out how to use it before Christmas!

Speaking of Amazon, they have had some killer deals this year! I don't usually do much shopping on line, but this year you'd be crazy not to! Amazon has now replaced KSL as my go-to online store, at least for this deap discount time of year. Sorry for the little plug, but honestly, I love it!

Back to the broken camera thing, I did manage to download some pictures before its demise, so I'll go ahead and post those so you can see that we really are celebrating Christmas around here. We've had a few fun parties, including one with some of our wonderful college friends tonight, but I really am just ready for the month to be over. As much as I love Christmas, it is stressful! I am finally finished shopping and have sent all my Christmas cards. I have some neighbor gifts to put together and presents to wrap, but that's it! Unfortunately, Alayna's birthday is on the 28th, so as soon as Christmas is over it's time to plan her party and think about her beautiful princess castle birthday cake she so desperately wants. Oh well, no rest for the weary!

OK, I just read back this post and it makes no sense and is totally rambly, but oh well. It reflects the scrabbled state of my brain right now. Hopefully I'll be more with it soon, so tune in later!

7 comments:

Sterling said...

Just curious, as a side note... did you ever find your missing caterpillar? Because I would imagine you would find its withered, foul and blackened carcass right about now, when life is the most stressful.

Di said...

Funny, I remember Christmas being much more joyous when I was younger. Is it just me, or does being a pregnant or nursing mother put a bit of a damper on the season's festivities? Its probably just my attitude.

Erika W said...

So right, Diana. I'm sure my kids are loving the season, and rightly so. They have no idea all the work that goes on behind the scenes. But it's all worth it for Christmas morning - I really can't wait to see their faces! And I can't wait to play with some of their toys (we got them some really sweet stuff!)

Erika W said...

Oh, and no caterpillar sightings yet. We were housing a large bucket of worms in the kitchen a couple weeks ago but I finally confinced Isaac that the funky smell coming from their container was not a good sign and they needed to go outside.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Erika I know how you feel-especially the birthday right after. I am having my amnio on the 5th (Thalia's b-day) and then we will have another b-day for this little guy just days later. Only a mom with kids born shortly after Christmas can understand-on to the next big thing right? Good luck with it all!

Stat Aggie said...

And can I just add White Christmases are overrated.

Cameron and Nonie said...

So, speaking of Dec. birthdays...I have two of them now, 21st and 29th. I just throwing around some ideas with the hubby and I think I'm going to start doing an unbirthday say, July, with friends and stuff so they have their own day and you can have Christmas. I'll let you know if it works. Good luck with everything. I'm totally feelin' for ya.