I've been a bit of a slacker with blogging - blame it on all the holiday and birthday festivities, and the fact that my baby has decided to start waking up every 2 hours during the night again. But I've finally managed to sit myself down at the computer and download the pictures from Alayna's pretty princess party. I appologize in advance if you feel like you might choke on all the pink and sparkles in the following pictures, but just think how we felt actually being there. In fact, I do remember getting a sparkle or two lodged in my throat in the midst of all the present opening. I guess that's a small price to pay to have such a sweet little princess for a daughter!
And now, in honor of our birthday girl, here's a little Ode to Alayna:
Favorite colors: Pink and Purple
Favorite word: Pretty (the word "cute" isn't allowed in our home. Everything is "pretty")
Favorite food: Anything containing high levels of high fructose corn syrup. Oh, and broccoli.
Favorite movie:Sleeping Beauty
Favorite princess: Sleeping Beauty
What she wants to be when she grows up: A pretty Jazz cheerleader
Alayna has come a very long way in three years. She was once a painfully shy and ornery little baby and was so shy as a toddler that when anyone so much as looked at her, she would freeze her whole body kind of like a dear in the headlights. I wasn't sure she would ever be brave enough to leave my side! Now, however, Alayna is the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful little girl I've ever known. She is smart, funny, outgoing, loving, and absolutely beautiful inside and out. She's a fabulous friend, daughter, and sister. Alayna is a princess through and through, but still loves to wrestle with her dad and brother and has a pretty good arm for being a 3-year-old girl. She has the most stunningly beautiful blue eyes and a smile that can melt your heart. Alayna loves to dance, sing, twirl, act, and make other children laugh at the dinner table. She eats like a druck driver and looks like a doll. She flat out refuses to wear her plaid purple shirt but loves her fishy undies. In Alayna's world there is no such thing as too much candy or lip gloss. She has a new "hurt" every hour or two, from her lip (pronounced "yip") to her finger to her belly to her knee, but recovers miraculously everytime a shopping trip is mentioned. Alayna has us all wrapped around her little finger and I'm so proud of the girl she has become. I look forward to watching her grow and I know that she will do amazing things in her life, even if she does become a "pretty Jazz cheerleader" as she so wants to be.
We love you, Alayna!!!!
6 comments:
You are a great cake maker! I am impressed! I could never make such a wonderful castle!
She IS such a princess - and so beautiful at that! Awesome cake! You're impressive to take on that many guests! Happy B-day Alayna!
Tell her that "Regular Grandma and Grandpa" thinks she is the PRETTIEST PRINCESS in the whole wide world!!!!
Such a pretty post! I was going to say "cute" but fortunately remembered Alayna's rule in the nick of time. Good job on that cake Erika! I am seriously impressed. Can I hire you for my next event? What do you charge?
Just looking to see if our family picture comes up for my avatar.
She is so cute (I am unfamiliar with Alayna's rule). What a very fun party. Nice job Erika.
Post a Comment