It was a pretty relaxed and comical Christmas morning. We were so excited for the kids to see what Santa had brought each of them, and as usual, they surprised us in their reactions. Instead of going for her Littlest Pet Shops set that she's been begging for since July, Alayna headed straight for Eli's stocking and started getting all excited about his rattles and Fisher-Price toys, saying "Wow, Mom, look what Santa brought me!!!" Um, no, that's for your 3 month old brother. Isaac, on the other hand, knew which stocking was his but completely bipassed his big gifts and started raving about his new toothbrush. You know, this kind of thing happens every year so I don't know why I still opperate under the dilution that the bigger the present, the happier they'll be. Not so. All these sweet little kids needed was a new tooth brush, some cheap candy, and a dollar store toy to tote around. Funny kids.
I did get my camera, by the way, and have been having so much fun taking all kinds of awesome pictures. So, for your viewing delight, here are a few of the best ones. I've taken probably 200 pictures since Tuesday but I only posted a few. As for the 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I didn't get that. I did get 6 1/2 hours of semi-uninterrupted sleep, but I'll take it!
And this is our basement approximately 30 minutes after the kids had awakened Christmas morning. They do quick work.
And the favorite gift this year is.......................battery powered toothbrushes!!!!
While enjoying the festivities of Christmas, Mother Nature was hammering our end of the valley with buckets and buckets of snow. I'll bet we got 18 inches! It was crazy, and is actually still snowing as I write this! Will it ever end? Will it every melt? How will the garbage man come? Or the mailman? I can't drive in snow...will I ever get to leave the house? All valid questions today.
Here's a random picture of Mr. Eli. He's kind of fat. And very cute.
Hope everyone had as much fun as we did!
9 comments:
Oh we were hoping for a white christmas, but that's a little much!
I love your pictures! Glad you got your camera - - it makes blogging even more addicting ;) The blackout adds a nice touch to the memories doesn't it? Funny!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Betcha wish you had a nice snow blower like mine. Thanks KSL!
Lucky boy has the Wardle coloring everyone is jealous of. I am lucky enough to have it too. I run up the stairs and my face turns purple. I run to answer the phone...purple face. I run ten miles, purple face. It is a a great party trick though.
Sounds like a fun Christmas! I love Eli's sepia pix! He is funny little guy.
Ya, that was a very memorable Christmas at Grandma's, not one I will soon forget. My kids got battery powered toothbrushes too.
Awesome little Christmas. Eli is so amazingly cute...and fat. I got a new camera for Christmas too and it also films for up to two hours so I will be posting video clips on my blog. If I ever figure out how.
Awesome little Christmas. Eli is so amazingly cute...and fat. I got a new camera for Christmas too and it also films for up to two hours so I will be posting video clips on my blog. If I ever figure out how. I hate the little word verification thingys I have to do before posting a blog. Don't they know that "thotiouz" isn't even a word?
Merry belated Christmas Erika! Great pictures. I love the kid's reactions. Our kids also favor presents under ten dollars. Which works because Andy and I favor presents over fifty. Kind of evens out. What is WITH this snow? I'm happy to be home...but oh the snow! Play group must start soon or I will go insane.
Post a Comment