I don't know how many of you know this because we kind of like to keep it to ourselves, but we are pretty big Utah State Aggie fans, especially when it comes to basketball. Well, with Jason's birthday on the 13th and Valentine's Day on the 14th, we thought we'd treat ourselves by going to our favorite little town with some of our favorite people, eating at our favorite restaurant, and watching our favorite team (who happens to be ranked #17 in the country right now) win yet another game. We took our favorite little Aggie with us, all decked out in his USU jammies, and had a fabulous time. It was a wonderful way to spend a February Saturday and the perfect birthday present for Jason.

Eli getting ready for the trip. He was so good and just slept the whole way there and the whole way home. We left the other kids with Jason's brother, Randy, and they had a fun sleepover with their cousins. It was quite nice to have only one kid to take care of - very relaxing and a much needed break from parenthood!

When we pulled into Logan, the faint smell of cow dung brought back so many wonderful memories of our time there. We felt like we were home! We headed straight for the Bluebird restaurant and were treated to the famous Bluebird chicken, awesome rolls, more mashed potatoes than we serve at Thanksgiving, and the ever delicious Bluebird chocolate! Heaven!!!

I tried to get a good picture of all the crazed students doing "The Scotsman" but it turned out a bit dark. It's a beautiful sight to behold in person, though. If you've never been a part of "The Scotsman" I hightly recommend it.

This picture was taken before the game started. Right after I took this, Eli fell asleep on my lap. His nap only lasted about 7 minutes, however, Apparently he found it difficult to sleep once the game started. Imagine that! The Spectrum was just a bit on the loud side, hum. Totally surprising!
If you've never been to a game in the Specrum, then you've never really experienced college basketball. The place is sold out every game. Every single fan, including the old people, wear their Aggie gear and scream obscenities at the opposing players, coaches, refs, fans, etc. The noise level is deafening. Various chants, such as "You Suck!" "Airball!" "Stupid!" and my personal favorite, "You Still Suck!" reign down on the court nonstop. The typical Aggie fan is beligerent, offensive, unruly, irreverent, and practically bubbling over with Aggie pride. It warms my heart to be in that building! Kinda gives you one of those happy fuzzy feelings inside when you hear all the four letter words and see the looks of terror on the other team's faces! Gosh, I'm tearing up just thinking about it!

This is our crew: Jason, his brother Scott, Scott's wife Tammy, our good friend Adeli (who has the best job in the world - she now works for USU), me and the Bubbs. It was a great day all around! Go Aggies!!!!
7 comments:
I don't know about you and your oozing Aggie pride, I think it's a little sickening for my taste. Haha! :) And I think Eli is looking even more like your Dad every time I see him (okay, I've never "seen" him, but in pictures I mean).
Erika,
Oh...you brought back memories! Even the cow smell feeling like home. We envy your fun weekend. We loved going to the games when we lived there. We have even talked about moving up there just so we could go to the games all the time. I'll have to have Spencer read your blog. I am sure he will enjoy it!
Go Aggies!
I am jealous of you! I love seeing pictures of you and the family.
Spencer
You get to see castles and pyramids and eat all that wonderful Swiss chocolate and ice cream all the time and you are jealous of us?! Logan's great and all, but I think I'd take Europe any day! Oh well, grass is always greener.....
Eli is getting soo big - I loved holding him today - he's so squishy and adorable! I feel so deprived that I didn't enjoy those 'warm fuzzies' Aggie-Style :) Looks like you guys had fun!
Erika-you and Jay have such great looking friends! Love the pic, it came out great! I agree with you about Europe,love the chocolate...Beligum has the best.
your kids are so cute.they are growing up so fast.
Post a Comment