Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fancy Shmancy

Just because I'm the coolest mom in the world, I decided to host a little Fancy Nancy party for Alayna and her fancy little friends (thanks for the idea Dearie!). It was a very fancy day, complete with manicures, a tea party, purse decorating, Fancy Nancy readathon, and a bunch of posh little girls twirling to the music of the Disney princesses. The fancy girls are Alyssa, Makai, Clarissa, Brooklyn, Alayna, and Brenna. Avery was also dressed very fancy but gracefully declined the photo op.
Apparently being fancy isn't everything in life. Sunny, Alayna's little cousin, was looking very glamorous but gloomy when her mom stepped out the door for a few minutes. She was trying to be brave!
Doesn't Alayna look stunning with her tipsy tiara and sparkly dress. I need to teach her how to put her pinky finger up when sipping her apple juice, though.

The tea party menu included pigs in a blanket, jell-o jigglers, fruit, and cute pink cupcakes. Alyssa shed her fancy dress by this point and was down to a pink t-shirt, white undies, and high heeled glass slippers. Just out of the picture was Makai, who had also shed her fancy dress due to ichiness. She, however, only had the white undies under the gown, thus she isn't in the photo.
Here is fancy Mr. Eli showing off his tremendous sitting skills. He is 5 months old today, after all, so I had to get him in this post. I know he looks quite steady and sure of himself, but he did fall over on his big ol head as soon as I snapped the picture.


And this is me in my fanciest (aka brightest most flowy) gown and updo. I'm dancing with my prince, of sorts.

After all the fanciness was over, Alayna had a pretty new purse all blinged out with self-adhesive jewels and puff paint. She also came away from the event with a fancy little sugar high.



Thanks to all the moms and fancy girls for coming to our party and making it so fabulous! Let's do it again sometime, but at someone else's house!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say they are pretty "FANCY".

Eli is looking quite dapper too.

Taylor Family said...

Wow, look at you going all out. Sounds like such a fun thing for those little girls.

Kristin Sokol said...

Girl, you know how to tell a story. Great post, great party!

treehugger said...

You are too good to be true. What fun for the girls, would you like to come to my house and host one for my little girl? Ha Ha. Your baby is so big. He's adorable. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful party! Alayna looks super fab! Please tell her she is the best looking fancy nancy I have seen in ages! I am so very happy for her and her friends. I am only sad that I could not attend the star-studded event.

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

That sounds like so much fun! If I ever have a girl I will have to hire you for a party coordinator. :) Look like the all had a great time.

Deirdra said...

Oh so fun! If we were around we'd come be fancy with you. Now you are the coolest mom on the block!

Sheryl said...

Very cute and fun!

Chrystal said...

THANK YOU AGAIN ERIKA! Clarissa's every hope was fulfilled at this party ;) I had to go do scrapbook pages (digital of course and on my blog) because the pics were so cute. YOU ROCK!

Leslie said...

We had fun at the anti-fancy party. Jacob was so happy to have his best friend Isaac come play for a few hours. I have to say I am very impressed that you did all of this, and the same month you are doing preschool. Way to go supermom!

Di said...

Erika, you are officially the coolest mom in the neighborhood! The girls had a fabulous, fancy time and talked of little else at Grandma's house. Perhaps someday I will muster up the gumption to throw my children a party just for the fun of it...hmmm yes someday...