Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beware the Slime Storm!


My next door neighbor just got back from Mexico a couple days ago. I saw her working in her yard today so I thought I'd better go ask her about her trip. I know you are all thinking I'm crazy for approaching a person who was recently in Swine Flu country, but I figured we were out in the open so it should be safe. I did keep a reasonable distance, just in case, but I wanted to be neighborly. So as I was talking to her, my well-informed son came running over from across the street where he had been playing. He knew she had been in Mexico and felt the need to impart some of his vast wisdom on her. So he runs up and says, as fast as his little mouth could move, "There's this thing in Mexico called the Slime Storm and everyone has to wear a lot of hand sanitizer and if you don't wear hand sanitizer they're gonna have to shut down the schools!" And then he ran away again to continue playing. So, if any of you are planning a trip to Mexico anytime soon, remember to pack lots of hand sanitizer and to watch out for the Slime Storm, swine flu, and Chicklet salesmen.

11 comments:

Stat Aggie said...

just wait till he starts talking about that one word. You know, the one that starts with an 'S' and ends in an 'X'. Can't wait to hear about that one.

Stat Aggie said...

and whats the deal with chicklet salesman?

Erika W said...

I'm just sayin' you gotta watch out for the kids selling chicklets. I always feel guilty, so I buy some chicklets. Then all the other kids see that I've just bought some chicklets so they start running at me pushing their chicklets. Pretty soon I've spent all my souvenir money on chicklets. It's a slippery slope, my friend.

Taylor Family said...

The Chicklet kids would just run up and put them in my bag and then tell me how much I owed them, like I wanted that nasty gum. But that was after I had already spent all my souvenir money, so it wasn't too hard to say no. Maybe I'm just rude.

Kristin Sokol said...

So Isaac must have been down to Wal-Mart then to see that they are fresh out of hand sanitizer and won't be getting any more for three weeks.

Unknown said...

Jacob thinks that everything Isaac says is gospel truth, even if it is totally wrong. I am sure it is because he is so confident about every fact he tells him about.
This is really Leslie, by the way.

Di said...

Isaac is both well-informed and hilarious :)

Sterling said...

There's only one sure fire way to keep the slime storm away... that's by licking your own chest. (which I can do by the way) so... Isaac and I are safe.

The rest of you are going to have to fight over the last bits of sanitizer and take your chances with the slime storm. Good luck!

Chrystal said...

ewwwww..... Haa haaa haaa!

Sheryl said...

Isaac is alway such a clever little kid--too funny. I remember Miss California (aka Sarah) getting all sorts of cat calls and more than just free chicklets in Tiajawana.

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

Erika,
I have a few questions for you. Will you email me your phone number.
Thanks!

shumweg@googlemail.com