Had to go to Wal-mart with all the children today. Let me sum it up for you:
*Kids cry for chocolate milk
*Hand the kids their chocolate milk
*Alayna drops her pink chocolate milk (aka strawberry milk)
*Milk leaks all over ketchup isle.
*Eli demands to be held, very loudly
*Hold Eli in one arm, drag cart behind me with other arm, children dragging behind cart, milk leaking.
*Go to garden center to pick out flowers
*Children jump in water puddles in garden center
*Children fight over flowers
*Go to the checkout stand
*Guy named Rambo (seriously) starts checking us out
*Milk leaks on Rambo
*Spend $75 on crap I don't need (but Walmart was out of the thing I actually went there to get, of course)
*Hand Alayna her leaking pink milk and thank Rambo
*Head out the doors
*Alayna trips
*Alayna falls flat on her face in parking lot
*Milk flies out of Alayna's hands and explodes in parking lot
*Alayna lays in parking lot crying over spilt milk
*Eli cries because Alayna cries
*Drag cart, crying Alayna, crying Eli, and angry Isaac (he's mad that he will now have to share his milk) to the car
*Load kids, flowers, and groceries into car
*Try to find my happy place (hint: it isn't Walmart)
Baby trey
14 years ago
14 comments:
i have a very similar experience once a week(why do i keep going back?... oh yeah those &*%$ low prices)
You make me laugh. (only because it is not me) But here is something to be grateful for. People in Utah are used to having kids around. Here in Germany there are not so many kids. Whenever I go to the store with four kids people look at me like...are you crazy. Well...yes I am. We are just a walking parade every where we go.
Hahaha. Why is it that Walmart is always out of what you go for? Our Walmart here is ridiculous. the Target is an extra ten minutes out of the way--but way better. I tell myself it's not worth the drive and then after being in Walmart for about ten minutes I think, I so could have been at Targetby now. Seriously--our Walmart defines Baltimore for me. I hate that place.
Okay--I don't really hate Baltimore, but downtown B'more is a lot like our Walmart. Poor Ian has to ride the "getro" every week day and walk past Lexington Market. Yuck! Sorry about the tangent, but somethings just draw parallels that cannot go unsaid.
I really do love Maryland overall.
LOL
This is why I tell you to bring you kids over here when you go places like that.
BEEN there!(: Oh Erika I shouldn't have laughed at this but I did. Hang in there. Find your "happy place"...I hear it's at the spa. (:
This is freaking hilarious!!! I like it!!! Proves my point about me not being ready for kids yet though. Thanks
I'm glad that was you and not me. I have not braved any store with all three of my children. I don't know how I'd work the cart and double stroller all at the same time. One of these days I'm going to go for it. I'm just not quite ready yet. I HATE Wal-Mart. By the way, what ever happened with Eli taking formula and you pumping? P.S. Go eat some chocolate you deserve it :)
That has never happened to me but I have some mother's like you at our local Logan Wal-Mart. Love the name Rambo. I think every guy in the world would love to name his kid Rambo. Wonder how that dad got away with it. Mom must have been in epidural haze!
I feel bad that I am laughing...hopefully she is ok! mine just poop out their diapers in the cart and i have to put a grocery bag around them and leave everything there!!!! so embarrassing and another reason i HATE shopping carts!! there isn't enough sanitizer in the world to kill the germs!
I have put off going to the grocery store multiple times this month because I would rather make do than brave wal-mart. WHY are they always out of what we need!! That darn weeding tool!
SO NOT FUN!! I HATE SHOPPING ANYWAY - but with kids? Are you kidding me??
Why didn't you call me??? We had a nice swap last time - I am always game for that! I mean it!!
Hahaha. Tell me the truth, did you follow me on one of my trips to the grocery store or what? Yeah, I refuse to go shopping with three at this point. Rambo...you're hilarious Erika!
Post a Comment