Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Looking For a Job?

Jason speaking. So since Erika has been a bit too busy to blog this week, I've decided to jump in and take over for one post. It was either update the blog or clean all the half-chewed peanut butter cracker goo off the kitchen floor, so I went with updating the blog.

I've been doing some hiring at work for some telemarketing positions lately and have had some very discouraging, albeit hilarious, resumes come across my desk. Let me just say that whenever I hear the unemployment rate is at 7% I really suspect it is only at 2% because I truly believe that 5% of the workforce is unemployable. These resumes reinforce my theory.

Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights) I've pulled from various winners over the past couple of weeks. I've posted them just as they appear on the actual resume - no editing involved. Enjoy!

Funny Resume Quotes of the day

1. Experience Using tape measure.

2. Administered urinalysis testing on a daily basis to all clientele

3. nelson nutrasiticols: run a prodaction line,trine new employees,clean the machines ofter a order is don. Prodaction

4. I don't really want to waste your time my Background shows a that I am a convicted felon of only duis. I don't have a Criminal Records not in a gang nor like getting in trouble just made my mistakes.

5. Personal: Interest in people, concern for human rights

6. Prepare and grind meat to process into hamburgers

7. Sold pumps and compressors to all major industrial planys and manufactoring faciities.

8. I have worked with animals and have a special interest in them. I have done a numerous things for them from feeding, making sure they were not sick and if they were how to treat them, branding and cutting cattle, (and my stepfather had me help in fixing male cats), and treating my own pets. I also have a dog at home that requires special attention because he is allergic to everything under the sun; he even has to have special dog food to keep him from itching. I have to make sure he gets his medicine every morning and has baths regularly.

9. Justice Court Clerk - Traffic Reason for leaving: Fired for using too much sick and vacation time.

10. 08/2008 - 03/2009 Stage Coach Realty Thayne, WY: Spay painted nick nacks and helped with decorating dessisions. I would run arons for my client. I would prepare customers foor on the cut table and serve it and I refeeled thiers drinks when needed. I would take the residents food orders they always had two choices to pick from and then I served them thier meal and desert at breakfast and lunch. I cleaned up after each meal, I would buss the tables and reset them. I also cleaned the reisents apartments, I would change their trash, wipe down the counters, sink, baths, floors, toilet, I gave them fresh towels, and made thier bed, I vacumed, and dusted.

11. Subject line of email: “I am sorry my resume is not that good”

12. Special Skills and Abilities “I only speak english”

13. I get along with everyone, so I’d work well with others

14. Prior Experience:
I'm really good with people!
I work hard at what I do!
I catch on really fast!
I listen really well!
I'm really motivated!
I'm outgoing and determined!

15. I also learned team work because you cant do It all by your self and you need help on something’s.

16. I've discovered over time my best skill is in foods, lawns, and customer service, and sales.

17. I am interested in this position. I am available to start right away. I will send my resume when I get off work.

18. Extensive ability to administer procedures related to safety and security, sound ability to communicate clearly concisely orally and written, responsible and dedicated team player with ability to handle clients of all backgrounds.

19. United Parcel Service ((Did not work there much, broke two fingers on the job yet I still added on a couple days of work after the injury.)

17 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Oh my gosh! That is too much fun. You have to send that in to the Ellen show. For real.

Steve's favorite is the dog one. She is Florance Nightengale of doggie care.

I just love the long run on sentance about how they are an tremendous communicator both written and oral. Too good.

I concur. At least five percent is unemployable. These people are at least looking for work. Just think how many people are not actively pursuing employment. YIKES!

Sterling said...

I sees yalls gots my resumes. Take a good long gander at it, I dun sum 'mportant stuff and things.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Seriously send it to Ellen. HILARIOUS! Good luck by the way. I think you have your work cut out for ya!

Aaron and Amber said...

That made me laugh!

Taylor Family said...

Jason, now why have you waited so long to post on the blog? I loved it! I was laughing so hard!

Sheryl said...

This is really funny. I think it is true that 5% of the workforce is unemployable.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I can't believe those are real. Too funny!

Chrystal said...

Unbelievable! And they were applying for a telemarketing position? Really? They expect you to connect 'doggy care', 'maid,' and 'UPS' with telephone sales? HILARIOUS!

As Erika already knows - my favorite part: "PRODACTION"! Ahhh-Yeah! Bring it home daddy! Soo Funny!

Anonymous said...

I need to go look at Derek's resume.He still hasn't found a job.

Stat Aggie said...

Jason, Im glad you are posting stuff now! The older I get, the more I start to think that common sense isn't all that common. I mean isn't it common sense to run your resume by somebody that can actually speak english before you send it to a potential employer?
I think it was Mark Twain that said "better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

Deirdra said...

I like your unemployment theory. 5% of the population is totally lacking brains. At least it has made for good entertainment.

treehugger said...

Come on aren't you setting the bar a little high? I mean you actually want people to know how to read AND write. Whew!

Ha Ha hilarious

Leslie said...

That was so funny, I love the dog one. What are people thinking.

Dan said...

I can always tell what the unemployment rate is at by the kind of service I get at restaurants. If service is good, the unemployment rate is above 5%. If it's bad, it's under 5% and restaurants are digging down into that 5% unemployable group.

Erika W said...

That's hilarious Dan! So true!!

Anonymous said...

Well...that was sad but funny. So maybe the Utah educational system should emphasis spelling.

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

Thanks Jason,
I enjoyed those! Spencer