December
I wanted to get a picture of the kids in their matching winter sweaters, and I wasn't opposed to forcing the poor things to stand out in the cold so I could. For all our freezing efforts and much crying, this was the best one. Eli's eating licorice, if you can't tell.
In addition to playing outside, we also went to the mall and visited with The Big Man himself. If you've ever been to South Towne Mall on Christmas Eve, you know there is a 2 hour wait to see Santa. At the Red Cliffs Mall, we were the only ones in line! Well, us and my brother's little girl. Love it!
Eli was a little concerned about the strange man with his yellowish teeth.
But, we were able to get a decent family picture anyway!
This is a view of my kids stuck in this little hole at the top of the old tree. I see their shadows. Must mean more winter.
And here they are in their Christmas Sunday clothes. If you think this picture is bad, you should see all the other ones I took. None of the them were cooperating, but they still looked good.
January
Alayna did get a friend party back home during the first part of January. We had a little tea party with all the little girls (and her brothers and cousin Nathan) from the neighborhood. She was the only one in wings.
We took a tour through the Sweet's Candy Factory for Joy School and had the opportunity to wear these lovely hair nets. Eli wasn't a fan, but he looked so darn cute I had to get a picture.
Isaac turned 6 on January 31 and was able to wear this very manly birthday crown all day at school. He also got a giant cookie from the office ladies and promptly informed me that Alayna and I could each have a quarter, and he would eat a half. What a smarty!
For his dead-of-winter-can't-go-outside-so-you're-trapped-in-the-house-with-13-6-year-olds party, we watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. What else do you do with that many kids, mostly boys, when it's 30 degrees outside? After the movie, we ate our Spaghetti and Meatballs cake. I was pretty impressed with myself for making this awesome thing, but the kids were freaked out. Apparently 6-year-olds don't appreciate art.
This is my favorite picture of the day. All the kids were eating their cake and ice cream, minding their own business, when Isaac's friend, Huck, stood up and started doing the robot. He didn't say a word, just danced for a while, then sat back down and finished eating. What a kid!
And here is the whole gang. There's Nolan, Tyler, Enoch, Sydney, Brooklyn, Cooper, Chase, Clarissa, Isaac, Jacob, and Huck. Such a good group of kids! Isaac has chosen his friends well. Can't believe he's 6!
So now were all caught up on pictures. It's been a busy couple of months, but we've all stayed out of trouble, for the most part!
6 comments:
Erika that cake was awesome! And I love all your kids pics-they are too cute! I hope that we can see each other soon it feels like forever!(:
cool cake! set some of those pics aside for 2011 calendar. Super cute.
LOVE IT!!! YOu do have the cutest kids EVER!
Both the pictures and your explanations were way more entertaining than anything going on over on this end of the neighbordhood. Love your two little groundhogs. And Huck doing the robot was pretty awesome.
Hooray! Thank you thank you thank you! I loved these pics! Eli and Santa tops the charts and your cake rocked! I really regret keeping Brenna home from Alayna's party - now that she's potty-trained my no-good-very-bad day excuse seems rather lame - but thankfully they get to see each other each week and Brenna really does believe they're best buds. You guys are way cooler than us - we didn't build a snowman this year and now we can use yours as our future model - - So Tall!! Congrats on the adorable elf recital. Could she BE any Cuter?
Way to go on the cake. Busy times, you should avoid baby 4 being born in january, it might make your life easier :) By the way, love Alayna's Christmas dress. Izzy has the same one. Good taste!
Post a Comment