
Easter is one of my favorite times of year and I always seem to go overboard with the kids Easter baskets. Except for this year, that is. Being this early, the holiday totally snuck up on me! I couldn't even find Alayna's Easter basket, that's how unprepared I was! So, the kids set their coats out to make an Easter nest (Jason's family tradition) and we filled them with some candy we found in the house, a couple dollar store toys, a few plastic eggs again filled with candy from the house, and some spare change. And do you know - they were happy as could be! Isaac got a growing lizard that you put in water (he measures it every 20 minutes) and Alayna got some jelly beans and a fairy princess dress-up skirt that she refuses to wear. Yes, they were happy and we spent a

total of $5 all together. Good thing they're still young and innocent!

We had our annual Easter egg hunt and hot dog roast at Jason's parents house with most of the cousins. The kids always have a blast and we eat some great desserts, salads, and of course, hot dogs. The kids mostly eat candy and chips, but that's what holidays are for!

I bought Alayna a beautiful blue dress for Easter and got Isaac clothes to match. I got the dress out of the closet just before church to iron it, and yes, it had a gigantic hole right in the middle that I had somehow never noticed before. So, we improvised. Luckily I had bought Alayna a couple other dresses while we were in St. George, so she wore one of those. They didn't exactly match and it wasn't what I had been planning, but she was still very pretty and he was the most handsome 4-year-old in the chapel! Oh, and if she looks a bit like a monkey in this picture, it's because her mouth was full of string cheese!



These have to be the two cutest kids ever! Of course, I'm a little bit biased!
3 comments:
Biased yes, but I would have to agre... the are ADORABLE!!!!! YOu guys make such good lookin kidsd it is a good thing you are having another one!
Only you could pick the only dress with a great big hole in it and not notice it until you needed it. I swear you do stuff like this on purpose? Yes?
Gotta love that Herriman Dollar store! Your kids looked super cute in their Easter clothes...I guess my Siste-in-Law used to be in your ward her name is Brenda Pauslen? Do you remember her?
Post a Comment