Friday, April 25, 2008

Fat and Fabulous

I am now 17 weeks along and had a fabulous doctors appointment today, fabulous except for the dreaded "let's get your weight" part of it. I'm am starting to feel like the whole purpose for these monthly appointments, other than hearing the beautiful sound of my baby's hearbeat, is to give me nightmares about myself as a giant marshmallow woman. I have now gained more than half of the prescribed weight for the entire pregnany, and the little squirt only weighs about 5 oz of it! When this is all over, I really need someone to slap me every time I try to put a cookie in my mouth and then make me run laps. Any volunteers?

The baby's heartbeat was super strong, which is encouraging, and apparently very fast. The nurse predicted a girl, which would definitely go against the Wardle family gender trend. I have my ultrasound on May 15th, so we'll see. I am interested to hear what you all have to say on the subject. Boy or girl?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, I can't wait to find out. I say it is a boy. I want you to have a boy so you can name him Elijah. Either way I am excited for you.

Misty said...

Girl... I think it is time that Jay is out numbered!!! PS remember how pre pregnancy you needed to gian weight? I don't think you will need a cookie moniter!

Kristin Sokol said...

You have zero street cred to be complaining about weight gain. No one feels bad for you. Sorry, but it's true.

On a more positive note. We need more girls. Bring on the girls.

Taylor Family said...

I'm going to say girl. I don't have any reason behind it, but we'll go with that. What names are you thinking of? Or is it a secret?

Anonymous said...

a girl would be nice!! So much more fun to shop for and "hang" out with! BTW, totally agree with Kristin...you have no street cred to be "crying" about a little weight gain!

Laura Wardle said...

I can see you with another girl, we need more of them! Boys are awesome too, from the mother of one girl and four boys ( in a row!)