Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So I'm No Hairdresser...

I attempted to put Alayna's hair in curlers the other day. She was OK with it, mostly because I kept telling her that everyone would think she looked beautiful with curly hair, and she loves to impress her public. So when I took the curlers out, I realized that I'd done it all wrong and she actually looked more like Miss Piggy that anything else. Apparently you're supposed to roll them vertically, not horizontally. Who knew? Next time the curlers go in, we'll get it right.

In other news, we may just be getting the basement painted this week. I have finally narrowed the paint choices down to three very similar colors of beige (you don't want to get the wrong beige, am I right?!). And I think we've found someone willing to take our money and do the work for us. We aren't into physical labor, after all. So I'll keep you all posted on the progress.


This would be Isaac's Joy School class after a little walking fieldtrip to visit some chickens that live in our neighborhood. Alayna is a little small for preschool, but she loves to participate with the big kids. If Isaac looks distressed, it's because he had a really hard time dealing with the smell of the chickens. He has a super sensitive nose and is a city kid through and through!

8 comments:

Misty said...

Love it!!!!! I didn't know that the curlers were supposed to go vertical! that explains a lot! We need to get together ASAP!! cain't wait till the 27th! Love ya!

Taylor Family said...

I love it! What a girly-girl. Don't we mothers try so hard to keep our daughters looking cute?!

Derek and Jannette said...

Funny! Hey we know all about picking the wrong beige!! We have only repainted our house 3 times now and finally we like the color we have. Stay away from anything that has a red undertone!!! Good luck, and yeah on getting the basement painted.

Kristin Sokol said...

I feel like eating a box full of chocolates. I thought you might appreciate and understand the thought. Thank goodness I am not ruled by my emotions. We'll see what happens by the end of the day. By the way. Wednesday, day 4 and still symptom free.

Anonymous said...

cute curls! Kinda reminds me of shirley temple a little :) So does Jay ever wear anything else but Aggie gear???

Jen said...

Erika, your family is so cute! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's had the curls turn out all wrong. I finally invested in a little mini-ceramic curling iron. The curls turn out perfect every time now for my little girl.

BTW, this is Jen Drake from Frau's class -- I was one of the SC girls. I found your blog while browsing through all the other high school reunion blogs.

I still remember running into you at Walmart in South Jordan. I'm still living here. I'm also very sick of the weather.

Deirdra said...

Hair is my nemesis! I don't do mine, but I do like Izzy's to look cute. Thankfully we don't have a ton of it to deal with yet! Good luck with your beige. My last how was always a little more pinkish than I wanted, but I didn't want to repaint it all. What a pain!

Julie said...

Hi! I give you props for trying to do Alayna's hair. I have to bribe Aubrie to get her to sit still even for a ponytail! I am looking forward to seeing you this weekend!