Then on Friday, as I was preparing to make some killer baked beans for our ward luau, I got a phone call from my dear husband saying that we were going to be driving to the Uintah mountains for an impromptu camping adventure instead. Enter bad attitude. I made the beans, took the kids to play group where a giant mud puddle swallowed my daughter, and grudgingly threw some clothes into a bag to take to the dreaded mountains. I must admit, in my hormonal state, I actually shed some tears over that fact that I was being forced to go spend time in nature with my family. But, as we were driving, I got over it. Turns out I really do like camping, even at 6 months pregnant. We had so much fun and made some great memories with our kids. I think I finally realized that quality family time trumps anything else on my daily agenda. As I watch my kids, I am shocked to see how much they've grown up. I need to make every moment with them count, even if it interferes with my schedule. These precious little people are more important than my comfort, clean house, or baked beans. Lesson learned!
We went fishing in Trial Lake while camping and my little fisherman Isaac caught this lovely rainbow trout. I always secretly pray that he doesn't catch anything because I hate the thought of taking one of these smelly creatures home and disemboweling it in my kitchen, but just look how happy it makes him!
Pretty Alayna by the Provo Falls. The scenery is beautiful there and I highly recommend the stop.
We stayed at one of the last open, snow free campsites. There is still much too much snow in the mountains for my liking, but the kids loved it. You'd have thought they'd never seen snow before! Jacob and Nathan, two of our adorable nephews, made the camping trip with us (and their parents, of course) which made it even more fun! They are my kids best friends!
Dad and kids loving the mountains. Don't I have the cutest little family?!
It may look like a giant mountain troll has captured Alayna, but don't worry. That's just me in all my oversized glory. She still looks a little scared, but then, so was I when I saw this picture of myself. Why didn't you people tell me I looked like this? Some friends you are!
Four cute kids enjoying the fire. Their favorite things about camping include throwing things into the fire, roasting marshmallows, and being able to pee where and when they felt like it.
Just before we went camping I gave Alayna a cup of chocolate pudding for her snack. Now, keep in mind that I had just cleaned all the mud off of her from the blasted mud pit at play group. I was getting packed and she came walking into the bedroom looking like el Diablo. Honestly, how does one small cup of pudding transform my beautiful daughter into a man with a dark handlebar mustashe? She's very talented!
I haven't taken any belly pics of myself yet this pregnancy, so I thought I'd give it a shot. So this is me at about 26 weeks. I'll bet you are all feeling better about yourselves already!
The Wardle fam hiking Butterfield canyon. Nature really isn't as bad as I thought it would be!
8 comments:
Erika I am so glad you went. It looks like so much fun. You are a cute litte preggo and even more fun mom!
Wow that sounds like a lot of fun. It is amazing that Jason has that much pull with you. Sarah would have just told me where to stick it had I told her at the last minute we were going camping.
What a fun time! And NO I definitely don't feel better about myself after seeing your preggo picture. I would say I'm about the same size, only I'm 16 weeks, not 24. YIKES! You look cute!
You know, delicious baked beans aside, it looks like you had a great time camping! Even ward luaus can't hold a candle to quality family time. Love ya Erika!
Those are gorgeous pictures! I love the fishin' pics - You are so darling and little...whether you believe me or not! I'm glad you made these family memories!
I love the pictures. You need to give me a copy of the picture of all four of the kids in front of the fire. I didn't get one of those. I wasn't very excited either when Randy called me last minute, but it did turn out to be fun. I am glad we all went.
You guys are so stinkin cute and Erika, your sense of humor just CRACKS ME UP! I love you!!!
Love the funny stories you always seem to have. Ammon knows better than to spring a last minute camping trip on me. We've sadly actually never been camping together before. Oh, and I love your kid quotes of the day. Your kids are hilarious.
Post a Comment