In the last couple of days, I have discovered a new and interesting hobby... I love to use the power drill. My first attempt at drilling was a complete disaster, and in the end my bedroom wall resembled a piece of Swiss cheese. Thus I was banned from using the device for about a year. The ban has now lifted and I am back behind the drill, creating all sorts of new and fantastic holes all over my house! I think it might be the thrill of the unknown that has me so into this. I never know if the screw is going to go in straight, if the drill is going to fly out of my hand and mangle the wall (it's only happened three times), how many excess holes I will make before I succeed, or how I might hide what I've just done before Jason gets home from work. It's really very exciting! I get butterflies every time I'm about to attempt a project. I am actually getting quite good and haven't had too many holes to fill. Over the last few weeks I have hung 3 closet rods and a new medicine cabinet. Today I get to hang the bathroom hardware, and I can't wait! As soon as Alayna's down for her nap, I'm a'drillin'!
3 comments:
I know the sense of power that you speak of. It is exhilarating and exciting, maybe it's because if Jake is home it's always his job, but when he's gone it's all me. It's a little bit like controlling the TV remote, that gives me the same feeling :) Happy drilling!
You are far braver than I. I have tried the drill and have thus far been sadly unsuccessful. At least you can make holes. I don't have the upper body strength to hold it steady enough! Its embarassing.
You go girl!
Post a Comment