We started out Thursday morning and decided to stop at the Hill Air Force Museum before making our way to Logan. This is one of Isaac's favorite places on Earth and we literally could have gone home after this and he'd have been just fine with it. He fell in love with this one airplane (not the one in the picture) called the SR-71 Blackbird and has talked about it nonstop since Thursday. If you ever hear the phrase SR-71 Blackbird come up in normal conversation with him, this is where it comes from. I just noticed that this picture looks like he only has one leg. Kinda funny!
We spent the rest of the day on Thursday in one of my favorite places in the world - Logan. We headed straight for the Aggie bookstore and found some awesome hats for our future Aggies. NO, we didn't actually purchase the stuffed Big Blue head hats, but I thought they'd make for a good picture.
For those of you unfamiliar with Utah State tradition, this is the A. When you hear talk about becoming a True Aggie and kissing on the A, this is what it's all about. On Homecoming, every full moon, and Aggie night, all the students head up to the A for a big group kiss. The lucky ones stand on the platform while all the rest of the students just gather around it and, well, kiss. I still have my True Aggie card somewhere. Hopefully our kids will be able to carry on this time honored tradition one day, just not with each other!
This is the pose I got when I told them to hug each other. Not exactly the sweet picture I was hoping for, but very telling. I need to give a big shout out to our good friend Adeli who let us stay with her in Logan. She and Jason knew each other in college, but then she moved back to SoCal. Just a month ago, USU hired her and now she's a big time college advisor and we are so excited that she gets to be back in Logan. We now have a place to stay when we go up for games! Thanks Adeli!!!
On Friday we went on up to Bear Lake but we pretty much just hung around the fabulous condo. Saturday was our day at the beach. Isaac is terrified of bears, so he was really concerned about there being bears at Bear Lake. But when he saw that it was just sand and water and fun, he got over it. This is Alayna and her cousin Nathan playing in the freezing cold water.
Alayna and her cousin Alyssa, who are two months apart, had fun building sand towers together.
Why is it that whenever I ask Isaac to smile for the camera, this is what I get? I really do think he is going to try for American Gladiators, or maybe Mr. Utah, one day. Such a beautiful bod really should be on display, after all.
Alayna and Nathan (about 5 months apart) were making sand angels for a while. You should have seen all the sand I found in her swimsuit after this! Yikes, talk about chaffing!
After our fun day at the beach, Jason's sister Kristin and her husband Steve rented a bike to take all the kids for a ride. Such a good aunt and uncle! Alayna was absolutely exhausted by this point, but she still had a blast on the bike and is always talking about it. At about 6:30 pm, she finally just crashed on the floor of our condo. It was pretty sad, but the mark of a good vacation.I know you guys are all wondering if I got a raspberry shake while at Bear Lake, so I decided to include a list of the foods I ate while on vacation. Food is, after all, the most important part of any day to a pregnant lady.
THURSDAY - went up to campus and got some free Aggie Ice Cream (Aggie Blue Mint and Chocolate Cookie Fudge). Then to the Bluebird (my favorite restaurant of all time) and ate their fabulous rolls, Bluebird chicken, and for dessert, Alvey's chocolate. Just like the good old days!
FRIDAY - A raspberry cheesecake shake in Garden City.
SATURDAY - Back to Garden City for a raspberry lime shake, raspberry chocolate fudge, and a deep fat fried raspberry churro with a cup of frosting. Oh, and I bought some raspberry honey to take home. All in all, a very successful vacation!
9 comments:
Suprised I didn't see you there! I was at the lake on Friday too. I also stopped to get a rasberry snicker shake on Saturday. Funny...Glad you guys had fun!
Cute pictures Erika, and good times as usual! Hey I've a hankering for more neighborhood Wii, and let's add some bundtcakes just to mix things up- get crazy. What do you think?
Just name the day, Diana. Either Friday or Saturday night works for us. It is already in the works, believe me! And as for the bundt cakes, just name the flavor baby!
Shakes and more shakes! Looks like a great time! And way to make the rest of the neighborhood jealous of your Wii adventures!!
Love the picture of Issac and Alaya in the Big Blue hats! THe one of them on the A is cute too! So I am going to Farmington this weekend to spend some time with Molly. We thought that maybe you would like some "adult" mommy time away and join us for lunch!
Come one come all Chrystal! The more the merrier! It will be a BYOB party (Bring Your Own Bundtcake). Just kidding. Seriously, though, anyone is welcome to come to my driveway and partake in the late night summer festivities. We have lots of fun!
Love it. That condo was kinda scummy wasn't it. It seemed alright when we arrived, but then I kind of got the feeling they didn't really want us there, plus our fridge didn't actually cool.
Hey, was it raspberry days there? I think I might just have to make the drive down to get a raspberry shake myself. I didn't know you were expecting again. Congrats! When are you due?
Cousin Kara
Okay- that picture with your kids on the A platform. I was dying! I used to tell people - oh you know him we kissed on the A.
Only if you lived in Logan did you get it. Everyone else just thought I was being dirty- hilarious!!!
Post a Comment