Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kinda Hippy, Kinda Country, Whole Lotta Fun

So on Saturday, Jason's sister Kristin called up with two extra tickets to the Sandy Ampitheater to go see Hal Ketchum. Yes, THE Hal Ketchum! I know, you are all very covetous, or maybe confused. Hal Ketchum, for those of you (like me) who have never heard of the guy, is a country singer in his mid 50's and he sings "Small Town Saturday Night." I am never one to turn down free tickets to anything, even if it is a country music concert by some older gentleman I've never heard of. But it was actually really good and a lot of fun for the kids. So, of course, here are the pics!
Isaac and Alayna dancing to the warm-up band. Also country music, but still danceworthy.
Relaxing in the sun and waiting for the concert to start. I love summer evenings!

Amateur photographer Kristin caught this sweet little shot of Alayna giving me a hug. Cute, huh!

Cousins enjoying each others company and rockin' music. Alyssa and her sister Sunny are much loved by my kids. After this perfect pic was taken, Alayna, who was insisting on holding Sunny, decided she was done with the baby and dropped her on the blanket like a rag doll. I'm beginning to see what I have to look forward to in a couple months. Yikes!
And there he is. The man, the legend, Mr. Hal Ketchum. You can look him up on YouTube.


Thanks Steve and Kristin for the fun evening and free entertainment!

7 comments:

Di said...

NEVER turn down free tickets, bottom line. Sounds like so much fun and that picture of Alayna hugging you in the sunset it incredible! It seriously belongs on a magazine cover. So sweet!

Di said...

Oh yes, and I LOVE your new avitar. Delicious.

Kristin Sokol said...

We had a great time too. The music was better than expected. Love the pics. E-mail me the cute ones of my kids that aren't posted, would ya?

Misty Moncur said...

Looks way fun!

Sterling said...

Free tickets to Hal whosamawhaty???? I can't believe you took them! I'm asking myself if I would do the same. If someone offered me tickets to go see Hal whatsHisBucket, MC Hammer or the wiggles would I go? (hangs my head in shame) Yes... Yes, I probably would. Who am I to judge, I once say Bachman Turner Overdrive in concert. I was half the age of the youngest person there and there were alot of people smoking cigarettes that smelled like they might have been made of old, used tires... but I was there man! Oh that was the other thing. Everyone ended their sentences with "Man!" "It's hot, man! Where'd you score that water man? Hey man! Aren't you too young to be here?" and I said "Um, you forgot to say "man" at the end of that sentence...man" and he swayed a bit and looked back confused at me through blood shot, half mast eyes and then he chuckled and said "Right man! Sorry man!" and staggered off.

Sheryl said...

Nothing like free tickets to get us out of the house too. It looked like you all had a great time. We miss you!

Chrystal said...

Cool! Wish I were sure we would have gone if we'd had free tickets - - we rarely go to a place we are not sure of the outcome haha!