So as my due date approaches (5 weeks and 4 days left, but who's counting) I have slowly begun transitioning into the nesting phase. There is just one slight problem...I don't really feel like it. Me, the one who loves to clean and organize and make lists and have everything done at least three months in advance, doesn't want to nest. I just want to sit on my backside and watch the Olympics, sit on my backside and cruise the web, or go shopping for things I don't need and can't afford just so I can get out of the house and not nest.
I don't think it would be too big a problem if I didn't nest at all, but right now, I am half-nesting. Half-nesting is much worse than just letting things go. I get all excited about organizing something, like my junk cupboard for example, and pull everything out. Then I lose all interest and end up just shoving it all back in just as it was before. Or not shoving it back in its place and leaving the clutter in the middle of the kitchen table for days.
While Jason was at scout camp last week, I got all giddy over decorating my kids rooms. I went out and spent a fortune on craft materials so I could make them each some heartfelt and fabulous room decor. I went to three different craft stores two different days, bought all sorts of unfinished wood and paint, and did nothing but craft for two days straight. I now have a giant magnet board, some canvas pictures, and a hat rack, all of which I have no intention of hanging any time soon. I was going to take a picture of all the adorable things I made, but I didn't feel like getting my camera out.
I have some theories as to why I am acting so completely different from my normal nesting self. 1 I think the Olympics has me in this exhausted stooper and I can't function properly on just the 5-6 hours of sleep I've been getting. Plus, gymnastics is way funner than disinfecting the crib rails. 2 This is my third baby and by now I must subconsciously realize that whatever I spend hours cleaning takes just seconds to destroy courtesy of the two-year-old. And as much as I organize and plan, there really is no way to fully prepare for a new baby in the house. This little guy will come in and throw everything off regardless of the time and effort I put into it...that's just life with a baby. 3 It's summer and I'm hot and kind of just want to play. Summer is my season and I'm trying to enjoy it the best I can, extra 35 pounds and all.
Hopefully, for the sake of little Slimy Teeth Chubby Cheek LoLo Cle Wardle and the benefit of the rest of my family, I will get out of this lazy phase into into full nesting mode soon. I'll keep you posted.
Baby trey
14 years ago
9 comments:
You deserve to just sit there and you will be running around even more sleep deprived soon so I say just relax and indulge!
You're Awesome - I wanna come see your crafts in person. I hope you do get the most out of this summer and embrace half-nesting - I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to get back to your organizing self after the adjustment period from little LoLo's arrival.
Enjoy your summer and stop nesting--just do what you want. Spend time watching the "orynquicks" (that's Olympics in Blakenese), play outside with the two kids you have now, and eat your mashed potatoes and chicken strips (I know your doing it). Don't forget the ice cream (mmmm I think I'll get some of that now). The nesting will come full fledge soon enough! Take care.
Life is short. Play now, nest later.
Speaking of nests. Have you looked at bonnie's blog and the nest that the birds built on her balcony?
When I was pregnant with Zach it was the Jazz playoffs. We had Jazz fever pretty bad. I totally know what you are talking about.
I would expect you to take it easy... your baking a kid inside of you and the safety timer is about to pop up. Feel free to let yourself go a bit. Maybe not to the point where you suddenly find yourself living in a trailer park, hair in curlers wearing a pink bath robe every day and yelling at the kids as a cigarette dangles off of your bottom lip "You kids go on outside! Momma's gunna watch her stories! Now go on! GIT! Now don't you be bothering the old pickup truck on blocks on the front lawn... It's full of them yellow jacket wasps and you'll get yourselves stung!"
You are hilarious.
Hahaha. With both of my girls I reached "half-nest" and never got that extra boost of energy to spring me into "full nest". Hey, just enjoy the five more weeks of having an excellent excuse to do whatever you feel like doing. If you want to just drop the kids off here you're welcome to have some momma time. I only charge a cookie an hour. Pretty awesome rate.
You're pregnant?!!
Post a Comment