Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aggie Family Day

This weekend was our much awaited Aggie Family Day in Logan. We have been so excited to take the kids up to the Quad and to a football game to watch our beloved Aggies get creamed by Utah, and the weekend didn't disappoint. We were able to hang out with some old friends, Adeli (who's house we stayed at) and Travis (aka Tunka).Sorry for all the pictures, but my kids are just so cute and USU is just so beautiful and fabulous, I had to post a bunch. So, here is a picture rundown of our Aggie Lovin' weekend.Saturday morning we took the kids on a tour of our old stomping grounds, including a quick drive by of our apartments from the single days and a stop at First Damn, just up Logan Canyon. The kids were in heaven with all the rocks and water and could have probably stayed at the river all day. We had a rock skipping contest and just had fun relaxing in the beautiful weather.


After throwing rocks in the river, we all went to lunch at my favorite restaurant in the world, The Bluebird. I had my signature meal - the chicken cordon bleu - and got me some Bluebird chocolate. Heaven, I tell you.

After lunch it was time to head up to the Quad for Aggie Family Day. Every college on campus had booths set up for the kids and it was just so much fun! This particular picture is in front of the famous cow of the Agriculture department. We get our picture taken by this cow every chance we get, and this year there happens to be two cows in the picture! Can I get any bigger?


What trip to Logan would be complete without a picture of a tractor? The kids actually got to sit up in the tractor and pretend to be little farmers - so cute! This is our adorable friend Adeli, by the way. She was so nice to walk around with us and help out with the kiddies.
This was some sort of obstacle course that one of the althetic type colleges set up. Alayna was awesome at jumping in the potato sack, but poor Isaac had a bit of a challenge. See him there in the background with that random guy? Apparently that man thought that Isaac was his kid and decided to pick him up and help him along on all the obstacles, which made Isaac so mad but he didn't ever correct the dude. We were a little confused watching all this happen and thought maybe he was a student from that college and just wanted to help the cute little guy along. Turns out his wife and actual son were right behind us wondering exactly what was going on. The strange man didn't figure out it wasn't his kid until the course was over and his wife was like, "OK, now do you want to help our son out?" It was pretty funny!
My little superheroes! Isaac is sporting a cape he made at one of the booths while Alayna is showing off her X-ray glasses she designed.

Nothing was more exciting that getting our free Aggie ice cream! Alayna picked Chocolate Bull Tracks and really, really enjoyed it! Adeli got cookies-and-cream while Jason, Isaac, and I downed the Aggie Blue Mint. I love that stuff!


Tell me this isn't the most gorgeous campus in the world?! Our traditional family picture in front of Old Main.

My kids were covered in frosting courtesy of the cookie decorating booth. They really did have such a good time and I think we have them convinced that USU is the only school to attend. Both kids said Logan is their #1 most fun place in the world, so I think we have some future Aggies in our midst! Go Big Blue!!!!!!


We ended the weekend by going up to campus to catch the last half of the USU/Utah football game. We didn't actually buy tickets seeing as they were $30 a piece and we knew our sad little team would get clobbered. After all, we are ranked dead last out of all the colleges in the entire country, which is saying something! So we hung out outside the gates and watched for a while until some nice Aggie fans gave us their tickets. We actually ended up on the 50 yard line in the nice seats! During the 4th quarter, the announcer came on and said that Sardine Canyon was closed due to bridge work in Brigham City. Yes, they closed the canyon down to one lane on possibly the busiest night of the year. So, we ended up staying at Adeli's on Saturday night at well - thanks Adeli!!!!! When all was said and done, we really had a blast despite the 58-10 loss. Alayna got to watch the cheerleaders and give the Ute eagle a high five and Isaac was able to scream his little lungs out cheering for our pathetic team. It really was a fabulous weekend.

Go Aggies!!!! We still love you, even if you are the worst team in the nation!

10 comments:

Dan said...

It's funny; I never attended USU, but have more good memories of Logan than I do of the University of Utah, where I graduated. That's not to say that I'll cheer for USU's football team over the U's team, but it is a great school.

Sterling said...

It is a great place to live indeed! That's OK... when you are clanking along at the bottom there is only one way to go. As a side note I originally decided Utah State was the school for me when I came to see them play BYU and they won! Students tore down the goal posts, Big Blue ran over to the BYU side and kidnapped a BYU cheerleader and there was a huge party in town.

Another thing, Aggie fans can take out all of our game loosing aggression on the other teams when basketball season arrives.

Deirdra said...

I'm jealous. That looks like a blast! I do love USU, go Aggies! You look very cute with your USU shirt and pregnant belly, one more future Aggie in the oven :)

Leslie said...

That looks like so much fun. I wonder if BYU ever has family days, I will have to pay more attention to the alumni activities. I am always amazed at how much school pride people who went to USU have, despite their sad showing on the football field every year, it must be an amazing place.

Anonymous said...

Who is that cute Aggie in some of those pics with your kids??? Thanks for coming up! I had a great time! Still it woudl have been nice to win the game or at least come close. Still can't believe UCLA. I hope you guys made it to church on time.

Di said...

I'm so glad this weekend worked out for you! Gorgeous pictures. Man, it almost makes me wish I had gone to USU!

Annie Jensen said...

Sorry about your Aggies...stupid refs, screwed them out of a win again!!

Stat Aggie said...

Now tell me again why I didn't come up with you guys? I forgot.

Julie said...

Go Aggies!!!
So does that mean you drove by SNOWCREST?!!! Man, some good memories there. I would love to come with you if we ever make it back to Utah!

Chrystal said...

GO AGGIES! Looks like a blast!! You're one of my new heroes - you do so much more than I ever did when pregnant - - and you're like due, soon!! GO ERIKA!