Monday, September 8, 2008

Help Wanted


Frazzled mother of two seeks help finding lost caterpillar. Info on lost caterpillar as follows:

Date caterpillar came into our home: Monday, September 1
Date caterpillar disappeared: Wednesday, September 3
Mode of escape: My kid(s) left the lid off his jar
Physical description: Green, small, and disgusting
Favorite food: Corn
Habits: Eating and pooping (a lot of pooping)
Possible location: My kitchen
Mode of transportation: A very slow crawl on several legs, unless of course he's turned into a butterfly by now, in which case, wings.
Reward for capture: I will bake you some very delicious cookies.
Please help! Do you see my pregnancy ticker over there? Do you understand that there are only 19 days left for me to find this dumb critter or else my brand new baby will be living with a BUG! If you have sons with a knack for locating and capturing strange creatures in the wild, their skills would be especially appreciated!

6 comments:

Sterling said...

Oh I am confident it will show up... several months from now after you have long forgotten about it and you are late for a christmas party and you need to make some brownies, so you open up your can of cocoa powder and TADAAA! There it is, dead and covered in the last few table spoons of cocoa you have left.

Di said...

Sterling, I don't know you but I love the llama avatar!

Good luck with finding your lost catapillar. Check all your cereal boxes.

I'm sorry, I heard your phone call this morning, but was unable to locate my phone. I had assumed that you were still sick and so I didn't send Brook to Joy School. But we will plan on Thursday!

Taylor Family said...

Sorry, no idea where your bug is, but I can't believe you are getting so close to having your little man. I better be hearing about it as soon as it happens, well...you know, take a few minutes if you need. I'm excited for/jealous of you! Someday maybe # 2 will come along.

Stat Aggie said...

I'm betting he turns up in your breakfast cereal (or dinner cereal, as the case may be) most likely your apple jacks. He would blend in pretty well.

Taylor Family said...

Oh hey, just noticed, nice blog background, it looks familiar! :)

Chrystal said...

Ewwww...you have a CATREPILLAR in your house? Gross!! Just kidding! That was an adorable post! I loved the little profile and all...I'm sure Isaac is heart-broken. I'm sure it will be a butterfly soon enough and fly on out on its own! Keep on holdin' on - you're soo close to freedom from 'host'ness.