Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Many Faces of Eli

The past few days Eli has started smiling at me when I change his diaper. He poops an aweful lot and I think he really appreciates the fact that I don't let him sit in it for too long! Jason has yet to see him smile so I thought I'd grab the camera and see if I could get some proof. After nap time is usually a good time to catch the baby in a happy mood. Well, he's happy for about a minute and a half until he realizes he's hungry, but still, he's happy. So, here are the faces we went through trying to achieve a smile.

Face #1: Poker face. He's not giving anything up in this one. Just kinda staring.

Face #2: Anger and/or disbelief at the antics I'm pulling to get him to smile.
Face #3: Yeah!!! A sweet little smile to show Daddy!
Next issue to tackle: What do we do about this kid's crazy hair? Just kidding, I love his hair!

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Aw that is soooo sweet. I love those newborn smiles.

Jen said...

He is so cute. I love the baby faces.

Di said...

GREAT pictures! He is incredibly adorable. That smile cracks me up! Dude, could he look any more like Jason?

Noble Fam said...

He is adorable. I bet you made a lot of funny faces as well trying to get him to smile. I've been there and still to this day am making funny faces to get my kids to laugh and smile. I guess I'll never grow out of it.

Leslie said...

I can't believe he is smiling so early. Wow! Adam didn't start smiling until about 6 weeks. Nathan was my earliest smiler, no surprise there. Maybe he will be a happy, silly kid like Nathan.

Sterling said...

I still don't smile. When I do, it is just because of gas pains.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little guy!! I love face #2! It definetly makes you wonder what in the world they are thinking! He is such a cutie!!!

Kristin Sokol said...

oh my melt my hart photo. What a darling boy with a handsome smile.

Kristin Sokol said...

Are you sure this is not a photoshopped smile? Is Jason pressuring you to make your baby be the earliest smiler in the family?

*kRiSti* said...

Oh he's already smiling...sooo cute! Hey I went private so send me your email and i'll add ya. kristi_200@msn.com