So, here are a few of my favorite pics from this first week of Eli's life, in no particular order.
This is a couple pictures of Eli taken today at One Week Old. I love the bottom one where he's pleading for help to escape his overly loving siblings. Really, they are so cute with him. Smothering and a bit scary at times, but they love him so much.
Pretty Alayna with her new brother. Doesn't he look thrilled! That's the look I get when Jason tries to make me ride the Wild Mouse at Lagoon.
The whole family on the day we brought Elias home from the hospital. My mom decorated the garage and the living room for our return and it was so cute! Thank you Mom for all your help this first week home! We love you!!!!
Our sweet baby suntanning by the window. He loves to sleep on his side with his hand under his chin. We catch him in this position all the time. Isn't he cute!
OK, so I've averaged about 3 hours of sleep at night (the boy is nocturnal) and have done nothing but nurse and change diapers during the day, but he is so worth it! I am totally addicted to this little guy already! Isaac and Alayna have been such fabulous helpers and we've had so much support from family and friends, I really do feel so blessed! Sorry for the sappiness, but my hormones are going wild and I'm feeling very sentimental, and tired. So, all in all, it's been a week to remember and I'm looking forward to all the memories we'll have as a family from here on out.
Oh, and one more major family milestone was hit this week..................Devil Cat. That's right. Freddy the Devil Cat has gone to that great litter box in the sky. I don't know how he survived this long but he finally got hit by a car just in back of our house. My mom and I went to inspect him there in the gutter and it wasn't a pretty picture, so I decided not to take one. But hooray, he's gone! Isaac and Alayna cried for him and Alayna said a prayer, but I was smiling inside. No more pets for the Wardle's! I don't even want a house plant at this point - nothing else I have to take care of. So yes, all in all, a great week!
11 comments:
I am so excited for you! A new baby and one less cat. The world is a better place thanks to you! Love you guys!
Oh, I wasn't inferring that the death of the devil was your fault, just excited for you. i know how much you will miss him! ;)
Erika I can't wait to meet him he is adorable! I am really happy for you guys. Do you think you will be heading this way for the holidays?
Cute! I love newborns too! Good thing they are so freakin cute, or we'd send them back! Cute name too!
Elias is TOO cute for words! I'm so glad you're enjoying this sweet time with him (tired or not). I loved the pic with Alayna and Eli making his funny face - you make me laugh! Good-bye Devil Cat...
Hooray for the new and improved Wardle Fam!
I love the pic of him bathing in the sunlight. He might be a true californian! Can't wait to meet him. So, I have to side with you on the Wild Mouse ride. Did not like it one bit. Infact, I am pretty sure that I felt physical pain after that ride. Tell Jay I am giving that ride a thumbs down!
He is so cute! Hopefully he figures out day and night soon. At least you don't have to worry about the cat now.
That there is the circle of life. Birth of a baby brings the death of a kitty devil cat.
Sing it Elton John.
I'm happy for you Erika! A new baby AND one less pet. Although I admit that I did like Devil Cat, there is a reason we don't have any pets at present.
My favorite picture is of Eli and Alayna! So cute!
You sound great, a lot better than I think I would with 3! Try to get SOME sleep!
Post a Comment