My Isaac is such a smart, talented, capable young man. He's good at sports, loves to read, can do math in his head, helps clean the toilets, and is even nice to his little sister and brother. What more could a mother ask for?
Our ward is having a talent show on Saturday and Isaac signed up to do cartwheels and headstands. He's been practicing nonstop and is so excited to display his gymnastically fabulous skills for his adoring public. I have known for a while that he is quite fantastic at cartwheels and headstands, but over the weekend, Isaac discovered a brand new and equally impressive talent.
We were walking around the neighborhood on Saturday delivering Valentines when Isaac, who was a few paces behind me, said those famous two words that I hear so often, "Hey Mom." I fulled expected him to follow with something like "I'm cold" or "Can I eat Clarissa's Valentine since she's not home?" or "I just stepped on some gum."But no. Instead, I get the question, "Did you know I can lick my own chest?" I turned around and sure enough, the boy is walking down the sidewalk while licking his own chest. Don't know how long he'd been doing that and don't know how many neighbors saw, but it was pretty darn neat. I'm wondering if I should call the activities committee and let them know that he has one more talent he'd like to show the ward - self chest licking. Gosh, I'm just bursting with pride! What a talented son I have!
Baby trey
14 years ago
12 comments:
I know that trick! Kids at school would always ask me if I could lick my ear and touch my elbow with the hand that is on the same arm all at the same time. I would twist and grunt and drool but just couldn't seem to do it.
I tried and I can not, repeat can not, lick my own chest. So yes, call the activities committee and let em know, he's got one more talent to share.
Alyssa can, repeat can, lick her own chest, maybe the could perfrom a duo.
Maybe we could get Jason to spin them while they like their own chests. Could be pretty darn magical. This family of ours is just so very amazing!
That's "lick" not "like"
Ha ha! He's too much!
THANKS FOR THE VALENTINES!! Clarissa was soo thrilled and sad she missed the delivery. You guys are awesome!
Yep,most talented family right there.Wish I could see them perform. Good luck Isaac and Jason!!
Dangit, Isaac has beat me on that one! I can't do it either!
classic! Loved the comment about the mice too... while we are sharing talents- Aubrie can play the harmonica- no really she isn't 3 yet but can really jam! Keep the fun stories coming...
LOL! Hilarious Erika. That Isaac is a talented boy!
So Isaac sounds like he is definitely Jason's son. I wish I could make it to that talent show. I'm sure it will be phenomenal.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who tried it. :O) Count me in with the freaks.
Post a Comment