Saturday, May 9, 2009

You Might Be a Mom If...

You might be a mom if....

You have cleaned baby poop off of 3 or more surfaces (ie floor, wall, crib, carseat, coutertop, bum, shoe, books, etc.)

When you clean out your purse, you find receipts for The Children's Place, OshKosh, Carter's, Baby Gap, and Babies R Us, but you are still wearing clothes from the late 90's.

Your grocery list consists of Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti-O's, fruit cups, Jell-O, Otter Pops, Capri Suns, and Band-Aids.

Your church experience every week more closely resembles a cage match to the death rather than spiritual enlightenment.

You are told more than once a day by more than one small person that you have a squishy tummy.

At the end of the day, you feel very much like someone dragged out into the wilderness, covered you with corn, and released a flock of hungry chickens to swarm around you and peck you to death with their razor sharp beaks.

Your stomach appears to have been mauled by Bengal tigers.

You've thought to yourself, "My, the color of this shirt really brings out the bags under my eyes."

You can talk on the phone, make dinner, hold a baby, help a kid with homework, and scrub the kitchen floor all at the same time.

You call all your children "sweetheart" or "buddy" because, at any given moment, you can't remember their real names.

You have recovered a Polly Pocket shoe from someones nose and/or ear.

You have to psych yourself up before going out in public with your children by saying things like, "Bring It!" and "You're going DOWN this time, SUCKA!"

You feel a strange sense of accomplishment when you are able to successfully suck boogers out of your babies nose with a bulb syringe.

You know what a bulb syringe is.

You know every song ever sung by any and all Disney Princesses.

You have to wear a plastic crown while eating lunch because "you are the evil Queen today."

All of your disposable income goes to diapers, wipes, formula, dollar store toys, and visits to the InstaCare.

You know how to play ball, Barbies, Candyland, house, and war.

You think it's cute when your baby bites your finger with that surprisingly piercing first tooth of his.

You wake up every day, clean the house, feed the children, read stories, play games, clean the house, feed the children, read stories, play games, clean the house, feed the children, etc etc.

You do all these things and much more, and you wouldn't have your life any other way!

Happy Mother's Day!


10 comments:

Leslie said...

You are so funny. I have experienced most of these things too, except for wearing a crown at lunch. Oh and I just read your last post too. I have started taking my kids to Kristin's when I need to go to Wal-Mart, it is so worth it. Please call me or her next time you need to go there.

Chrystal said...

Ugh...Mother's Day. Why can't we women just enjoy it? Why can't I change my programming to think immediately of the GUILT for my imperfections and sins of omission?

Thanks for reminding me that as imperfect as I am as a mom, I still do work pretty darn hard! WE ALL DO! GO MOMS!! ;)

Misty Moncur said...

Well, I don't know about not having it any other way.... So funny!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ERIKA!!You really are one of the best Moms I know.


Wal-Mart experiences are the reasons I started drinking Diet Cokes. It helped me get through the shopping debacles.

Cameron and Nonie said...

Wow, you hit that one right on the spot. We need to get together some day and let our kids play. You're hilarious and I hope that you have a wonderful mother's day.

treehugger said...

That was great Erika. Just what I needed to hear, and so true! I am putting a link to this page on my blog. Hope you don't mind.

Di said...

Evil queen speaking: Hilariou post. Its good to laugh so that I don't cry :)

Jen said...

AMEN!

trishanna said...

my list goes more like this: pressing the childrens clothes
dusting my figurines
cooking gormet meals that include all the food groups... haha i dont even have to tell u im joking

Erika W said...

Whatever, Trish. I know you treasure your collection of ceramic cat figurines!