Friday, July 10, 2009

Nine Months Old!

Eli turned 9 months old on the 4th of July and has been changing so fast lately, I figure I'd better record some of the stuff that he's doing now lest I forget, which I'm sure to do. He had his check up today and here are his stats:

Weight: 19 pounds 5 ounces (28 %)
Height: 28.75 inches (65 % which is oh so rare for our family)
Head: 18 inches ( 61%)

He has turned into such a cute, sweet, playful little guy over the past few months. I didn't know if I was going to survive this one with his colic and all, but he is such a cutie now! He can still be quite intense, but with that intensity comes a lot of smiles, laughs, and silliness that I don't remember the other two kids having to quite this degree. I think he's going to be our class clown and our jokester! He loves his siblings so much and gets so excited to see them when he wakes up in the morning. He loves to wrestle with his dad and brother and to pull his sister's hair. He has perfected the crawling now and can pull up and walk around furniture. He loves his walker and will push it all over the living room. He says "Hi" all the time, but mostly to other babies. He has all of his toys figured out and just loves to get down on the floor and play. He is by far our drooliest baby and just got his 4th tooth a couple days ago. He looks like a perfect combination of Isaac and Alayna and has just the cutest little face!

As for things he doesn't like, he's not fond of baby food or the high chair. He doesn't like to be alone in a room for any period of time and will crawl after you as fast as he can to avoid being by himself. He doesn't like grass much but will tolerate it if you let him eat some, which we don't do. He's still not a fan of the car or any length of car ride. He doesn't like it when the kids bug him and he lets them know when he's annoyed (those teeth come in handy for those occations).

Some of his current favorite things are:

- drinking water
- the hangy rope thing that's tied to the garage door
- his gloworm
-his dinosaur roll arounds toy
- going for walks
- wrestling and biting
- my keys
- his crib (he likes to sleep, thank heavens!)
- cell phones
- attempting to go down the stairs head first (we can't leave him along for a second!)
- his daddy and all the neighbors
- eating Cheerios
- clapping
- singing "Wheels on the Bus"

He is such a great addition to our family and we feel so blessed to have him! Now if he would just stop growing up! I love this age that he's in right now and I don't want to see the baby stage end. We love you Eli!
This is a pictures of the farris wheel at the 4th of July carnival in Riverton. Apparently the farris wheel is named Big Eli. So appropriate!

6 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Yep, it's official. He is Mr. Adorable. Totally worthy of having a Ferris Wheel named after him.

Anonymous said...

Love the Ferris Wheel pic! He is, as Kristen says, Mr. Adorable. I would never give my hoops up to anyone less worthy!

Chrystal said...

I think he is one of THEE cutest babies in the world! I can't help but squeeze and kiss him when I'm nearby! Thanks for this adorable post and for sharing your cute kids with us now and then!

Leslie said...

Oh, he is so cute! I love him! He sounds a little like Nathan, silly and drooly. Lets hope that by the time he is three he stops drooling.

Danielle Little said...

I love reading your blog! It always makes me smile because your kids are so adorable!! I LOVE the quotes you put on the side!!! Just wait until they get older and those will be PRICELESS!!! Everyone is getting so big so quick. Where does the time go?

Di said...

I love the ferris wheel picture. Raising your own little carny- awesome!

It has been my experience that although there are some obvious hardships to having intense children, when they're not screaming and red-faced they are DELIGHTFUL and highly entertaining :)