I just wanted to let everyone know that the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well amongst the children in our neighborhood. Every day this summer someone has tried to sell Isaac or Alayna something fabulous. Sometimes they take pity on my kids and just give them their treasures for free. Sometimes I catch Isaac sneaking into his piggy bank to pay for his loot. The following list is just a few of the items Isaac has brought home in the last few weeks:
* gold (aka large chunk of concrete that kind of sparkles) : $20
* leaves wrapped in electrical tape : $1
* old used fireworks: $1
* Starburst candy: $.25
* the 7 year old neighbor girl's autograph: free (special deal, usually $1)
* old Happy Meal toys: $.50
* 4 year old neighbor girl's baby brother's toys: $1(until her mom realized she was selling the baby's toys. Poor girl had to shut her store down)
* a grasshopper named Blue Legs (Isaac just got him today, don't know how much he was going for.)
* the opportunity to hold a biting butterfly: $1
And my personal favorite:
* blue Dixie cup filled with watered down white paint
(Isaac wasn't very happy when I disposed of that the second he brought it home)
So, my point being, if you come to visit any time soon, you'd better bring your wallet. It's like stepping into Little Tijuana
Baby trey
14 years ago
8 comments:
Oh my goodness! I love your blog, it always cracks me up! I can't wait until Hailie starts selling random things to neighbor kids..what fun that day will be!
I'm missing the action I guess. I need to be selling stuff to your kids!
Sounds familiar - just last week I caught Caleb trying to sell empty water bottles to our neighbor for $5.00! Just what she wanted our used garbage. Tell the kids hi from Caleb and Aubrie.
LOL! Sounds like I need to put my kids to work.
I don't trust kid-sales - ever since a big neighbor kid tried to sell me pee and pass it off as lemonade, I will never buy anything off the street - EVER! I didn't buy his 'goods' then either - luckily another kid told me what it was. Buyers Beware!
That's hilarious, Chrystal!
That is freakin' hilarious!! I am rolling on the floor in laughter. LOVE it!!
I love the things kids sell. Landon used to sale rocks all the time. I think he made some pretty good money.
It was great to see you and fun to catch up on your blog--you are so funny!
Post a Comment