Sunday, August 9, 2009

So much to blog about, so little time!


My little Isaac started Kindergarten this week! I've been a nervous wreck about the whole school thing since the day he was born (I taught school - I know what goes on there!) and I'd been feeling more and more frazzled the closer we got to the big day.

As most of you know, before kids can go to kindergarten, they have to get all their immunizations up to date and go through a brief assessment at the school. Since we have the misfortune of being named Wardle, Isaac didn't have his assessment until 3:00 pm Monday, the day before school started. He was in the classroom with his teacher and I was filling out paperwork in the hall when the nice old secretary came out to inform me that he needed another shot before he could even think about coming to school. Apparently his 6 month Hep B shot was given to him when he was 5 1/2 months old, thus it didn't count.

Then the teacher comes out and tells me what a smarty Isaac is, which I already knew, and that we had 2 assignments that needed to be done and turned in on the first day of school. The first day of school was less than 24 hours away by this point. I made a mad dash to the doctor to get the poor boy another shot before the office closed, and thank goodness we have afternoon kindergarten because we were able to get his homework done in the morning before school. It was quite an ordeal, to say the least, but we managed to get him to the school on time.

Oh, and as for me being frazzled about school, I broke out in a full blown case of hives Tuesday morning! I didn't get hives when I got married. I didn't get hives when I taught school. I don't get them when I speak in church, but I was covered head to toe on the first day of my first born's kindergarten. Go figure!
Isaac and I went school clothes shopping a couple days before school started and, as I knew would be the case, everything he got is orange. He really wanted to wear his new orange shorts with his new orange shirt, but I talked him into wearing a very complimentary brown shirt instead. I think he looked so grown up! So here are a couple pictures of Isaac and his little friend Clarrisa waiting in the kindergarten line. Yes, he is pretty much the shortest kid in class, but he makes up for it with some big brains and personality! And a very big backpack!
In addition to starting school, my kids have also been loving their first experience with swimming lessons. It's kind of a pain to drive them back and forth between home and South Jordan for swim lessons, especially now that school has started, but they love it! I've determined that we do not have a future Michael Phelps on our hands, but they are having fun and learning some important skills regardless of their natural inability as swimmers.



And finally, we sold our beloved Jimmy this week! On top of all the swim lessons, school starting, meetings, dentist appointments, etc, we had the added headache of cleaning out the car and signing over the papers. And then there was the problem of not having a car to replace it with! We found a Toyota Sienna for sale here in Herriman and snatched it up! We get it tomorrow and I'm so excited to finally have a minivan! I know, I know, minivans are so Molly Mormon, but I love them! Our new one is a white 2007 with 28000 miles, DVD, power sliding door, and is in excellent condition. I'll post a pic when we get it. Can't wait!

In the meantime, please enjoy these videos of our little divers. Notice how much longer Isaac takes before he dares to jump. Alayna is fearless!

Oh yes, and I got a fantastic new calling today: CTR 5 teacher. This means I'll be teaching my own little Isaac, and next year I'll be teaching my own little Alayna. I'm so excited!

10 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

My kids are full grown.

Taylor Family said...

Sounds like you've been super busy but that it's all good stuff. Isaac looks so stinkin' cute with his backpack all ready for school. Paige is already dying to "ride the school bus." Hope you're loving your new ride. Missed seeing you last weekend, oh well.

Anonymous said...

You are SUPERMOM! I can't believe you do all the things you do with 3 kids! I bet Issac is just thrilled to be going to school. So about the orange thing...I wish I could tell you that as he gets older that he will grow out of it. I don't think so. Omar has this orange shirt that he loves (I hate) and I can't seem to get rid of it! So we live with the orange shirt and Omar is 31!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the big backpack.The picture of Isaac and Clarrisa is so cute. It makes me sad he is looking so grown-up( can't say that he is looking big)

Love the swimming video and pictures too.Isaac's dive made my stomach hurt.Alayna looks like she's freezing.She is going to have to live in a warmer climate when she is on her own.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Soooo cute. What a fun and crazy stage of life huh? Your kids are getting so big if you come for the holidays give me a call I'd love to see ya!

trishanna said...

Wow hives! that is crazy but understandable with what you went through!

Sheryl said...

Hives--huh? Yikes. You are such a cute mom. I know Isaac will be great at school. I am jealous you are getting a Sienna. That is awesome. Be proud to drive your nice van :) I love the swim lessons. How fun! Homework before he starts, crazy.

Chrystal said...

I am sure glad all the anticipated drama of the "BIG DAY" is behind us. Clarissa and Isaac are so fun to see together, we're glad you guys are our school buddies this year.

I am very impressed that your kids are already diving into the water like that - looks like we need to upgrade our swimming lessons next year. They're still doing floats, bubble blowing and kicking in level one. . .

I'm also glad I'll have your familiar face in Primary now - - I feel a little lonely sometimes. xxx ooo

Deirdra said...

Wow busy times. I too love minivans so I am so excited for your new sweet ride. As for Isaac's cute brown shirt, I just bought the same one for my boys for next year. Good taste you have :)

Erika W said...

I don't know about good taste, it's more about being cheap. That shirt was only like $3, done and done!