Monday, August 17, 2009

Check It Out!

Drumroll please......I give you.......THE VAN!!! I know it isn't white like I said it would be, but that first van we bought didn't work out. So, we hit the interweb and found us another one from a very friendly car dealership in Draper. It's an '08, which is nice. The mileage is more than we wanted originally, but due to the fabulous (not) Cash for Clunkers program, there is a major shortage of used vehicles on the market right now. And since we live in Utah, Toyota Sienna's are tough to come by as they get snatched up the second they get listed. Still, I love the color and it is in very good shape. Love it!

And as for the children standing in front of my sweet new ride, you may notice they don't look like themselves. Isaac and Alayna had just returned from a super-cool birthday party complete with professional face painting. Isaac is a demonic goblin creature and Alayna says she's a princess (what else would she be?) Eli was supposed to be in this picture but crawled out of the shot at the last second.
Up close and personal with Alayna the "princess." She actually did look very pretty and feminine in this Cirque du Soleil-esque face paint, but I don't know if "princess" would be the right label. I was thinking more along the lines of a peacock or African tribes woman. Or it could just be a very elaborate unibrow.
Here is the demon child up close. Even when he's out scaring small children and puppies, he's never without his bicycle helmet. He's a very safety-first sort of demon.
My new van is a beautiful thing! I'm pretty much in love with it and I can't believe we waited so long to get one. All you van haters out there driving around in your big SUV's, you don't know what you're missing! It's just so convenient and spacious and smooth - love it!
And this is Eli just hanging out being cute. Yes, he's wearing a jacket mid-August. Every weekend the temperature drops into the 60's, but that didn't stop us from having fun at Copperton park last night. Hard to believe he's almost 11 months old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color of your van. If we had bought a new Rav4 that is the color we wanted.What a SWEET RIDE!!

Cool face painting job.

Cameron and Nonie said...

Love the van. Of course you never got to hang out in my cool 12 passenger one I had in high school, because you graduated and I no longer had anyone to bum a ride off of. ;) Vans are the greatest. You should have seen the convincing I had to do with Cameron to get mine. Now he's in touch with my good gas mileage and ability to get to a puking kid in the back without jumping over seats. Enjoy!

Sheryl said...

I am happy you got your van. From your post on Sarah's blog it sounded like you had a rough week. Glad that week is done-it's a new day and you have a van! Your kids are cute as ever!

Di said...

I have to say, that is one good-looking van. You know, as far as vans go :)