
Ok, so once again, I'm a few days behind in getting my pictures posted. Life's busy, so sue me. Anyway, better late than never.
So to start of the Halloween post, I have some 'splainin' to do. We had a fabulous Halloween party last week with some friends from our ward. Our kids are all in Joy School together, so we figured we should all get together without them for a night of games, food, and freakish looking costumes. For my part of the party, I made edible eyeballs and brought the witches brew (you know, the kind made of root beer and dry ice). The eyeballs were delicious with an oreo truffle center, and the root beer wasn't bad either. Thank you A & W. The other ladies brought yummy soups, breadsticks, and appetizers. It was so much fun! Thanks Diana for hosting!
Now, onto the costumes. Each couple dressed up and looked spooktacular. My husband, though, he wins the prize for best costume. We went as Kanye West and Taylor Swift, and if you know anything about Jason, you know that people don't get much whiter than him. And even with all that make-up on, his white boyness shone through! It was awesome!

Andy and Diana were vampires/corpse bride/gay pirates. John and Naomi were Forest Gump and Jenny. Todd and Annie were Clark Kent transitioning to Superman and Lois Lane. Charlie and Monique were BYU/Utah fans (that's the angel and devil in the back). Clay and Trish were a witch and worlock, but for some reason my camera wouldn't take pictures of Trish. You can see her arm, though. And then there's Kanye and Taylor up front. He looks a bit Teto Jacksonish and I look like Courtney Love, but you get the picture.

And one more time for good measure, Kanye and Taylor. For some unexplicable reason, his face got blacker as the night wore on. Hilarious! I was pretty sure he was going to be this way for life, but after much scrubbing, he's now back to his pasty self.
OK, enough of that foolishness. Onto the actual Halloween night and the cute little kids.

This is our annual picture with all the neighbors out on Nick's wall. Sidney was being very patient with little Eli, who was not a fan of Halloween in the slightest. I love how everyone is smilling except for the screaming baby and the poor girl holding him!

We gave him a piece of cake so he'd be good. It worked long enough to get one decent shot.

Poor Isaac the Mummy. I'm not a very good costume maker apparently, because ever time he's been wrapped up and sent out, he's unraveled within minutes. This picture was taken as he was attempting to get down the steps at our next door neighbor's house. That's right, we made it all the way next door before he came apart. Notice the wrappings binding his legs together. It made for a very long night for the poor boy.

Eli didn't like the wagon. He didn't like the costume. Or the other kids. He looks pained.

This is the happiest picture I could get of him. I think he was just ticked that he had to dress up all stupid and be out in the cold for nothing. Having 6 teeth does not get you much candy.

They older two, however, loved trick-or-treating. Even though Alayna kept stepping on her dress and Isaac couldn't move his legs independantly from one another, they had a blast.

At this point, Eli was borderline commatose. I think he was trying to find his happy place.


He never did find his happy place. I though the sucker might work, which it did for a few minutes. Then some lady had the nerve to talk to him and say how cute he was, and he lost it. I booked it home about this time so we wouldn't scare the other trick-or-treaters with his wailing.

Home at last, he finally got happy. Once that costume came off he really was loving all the candy.

Alayna was apparently very excited about the night. Isaac was too, he just wasn't able to move. Or breath. I couldn't get a picture of the three of them because Eli kept walking away, so this is the best I could do.
It really was a fun night. The weather was beautiful, the candy was plentiful, and the company was awesome. Next year, I vow to make easier costumes that allow for full function of all moving parts, especially those used for walking.
3 comments:
Jason did have the best costume hands down. I especially enjoyed the fact that he got darker and darker as the evening progressed. It was magical.
You know what else was magical? Those killer truffle-eyeballs you made! I need the recipe pronto. Yay for Halloween and all its semi-stressful frivolities. GOOD TIMES!
Thanks soo much for posting the pics of the party - I was quite curious as to the costumes people chose...HOW FUN! My jaw literally dropped when I saw Jason - - soo funny! Your lil froggy looks pretty cute next to the skull pumpkin - -what a fun family you have! Isaac and Alayna are soo sweet, whatever you're givin' them I need some of it for mine!!
wow that made me feel like i need to post something about halloween, can i just copy your post and put my pictures in? p.s. the reason you couldnt take a picture of me is cuz i cast a spell on your camera HAA HAAA Haaa Ha (that was my witch cackle in print)
Post a Comment