I know many of you are anxiously awaiting news of our trip to St. George and wondering if it would be as horrific as holiday drives past, but it really wasn't. The drive down wasn't bad at all. Eli slept a whole 45 minutes and cried more than a little bit, but this is not new to us, so we handled it just fine. We made it to St. George in just over 4 hours and all was well.
The drive home was a bit more exciting, but still nothing compared to Worst Car Trip of All Time '07. The snow started around Beaver and kept on coming until we hit our driveway. There were slide offs all over the place and we even got to witness some highway ice capades in Provo, but Jason is a pretty competent snow driver and got us home safely. We did have the privilege of watching some drunk idiot being arrested just outside of Spanish Fork. He was apparently driving south in the north bound lanes during a snow storm after downing a bottle of Jack Daniels. Nothing big. The police spiked his tires and had him in handcuffs by the time we met up with him, thank heavens, but that was kind of interesting.
Eli cried, the kids watched movies and ate snacks, and I have a very messy van to clean (still, a week later), but it wasn't too bad. It's not something I want to do again for a few more months, but not bad at all. It was definitely worth it for all the fun we had in the warm weather. But, I'll save that for another post.
Baby trey
14 years ago
3 comments:
YAY! Glad your trip was successful. Happy New Year.
I'm glad -- it adds a peace to holidays when road trips go smoothly that should be mandatory I think.
It was so fun to talk to you yesterday, we need to talk more often. It even inspired me to call the other girls to chat. Glad the trip went well, good luck with all the birthday party planning.
Post a Comment